This recipe for spicy Asian peanut sauce is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Heather Kessler. In this recipe, she uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free spicy Asian peanut sauce, use a gluten-free hoisin sauce.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Place a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add sesame oil.
- Using a microplane or small grater, grate garlic and ginger directly into the sauce pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in coconut milk.
- Add peanut butter, hoisin sauce and sriracha and whisk until the mixture gets smooth and thick - about 1 minute.
- Whisk in vinegar.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro.