This recipe for spring greens with coconut ranch dressing is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Susan Asanovic. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage and Coconut Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spring Greens with Coconut Ranch Dressing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 6 cups baby arugula (roquette, wild arugula)
- 2 cups young dandelion greens, tough stems discarded
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved if large
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup shelled fresh peas (not sugar snap), blanched
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Edible flowers (be sure they haven’t been sprayed), optional
- 6 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 4 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, put through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon dried fines herbes (from market’s spice aisle, or your favorite online herb and spice source
- ½ teaspoon white pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Combine arugula and dandelion greens in a large salad bowl. Fold in berries and peas. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- In a large measuring cup or spouted bowl, whisk together coconut milk beverage, yogurt, lemon juice, chives, garlic, fines herbes, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Drizzle over salad and serve remainder in a sauceboat on the side. Garnish with edible flowers, if using.