This recipe for a Dairy-Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Michelle Hendrickson. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Strawberries and Cream Cheese Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy and can optionally be egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan and vegetarian depending on the cake and frosting chosen and how you prepare them. Several cake mixes can easily be prepared egg-free. Mixes such as Cherrybrook Kitchen even come with egg-free instructions.
- 1 dairy-free yellow cake box mix
- 2 eggs (or as directed on package)
- So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 package dairy-free cream cheese alternative (Michelle uses Daiya, which is also soy-free)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Rich whip, coconut cream, or other dairy-free whip topping (not non-dairy, most non-dairy toppings contain some milk)
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Bake the cake as directed on the package in a 12-inch springform pan with oil and eggs, but using coconut milk beverage in place of the water called for. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled remove the cake and cut it horizontally in half to create 2 circular cake rounds/layers.
- Whip the cream cheese alternative with the powdered sugar, adding water as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get a thick, but spreadable consistency.
- Whip the topping or coconut cream (with a touch of sweetener added) and use it to decorate the cake, along with the strawberries.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.