Get ready for a summer of #frozenfridays with my natural strawberry magic shell recipe. It’s a sweet, fruity, chocolate-free, and seriously tasty way to top dairy-free ice cream.https://bs.serving-sys.com/serving/adServer.bs?cn=display&c=19&mc=imp&pli=19812555&PluID=0&ord=[timestamp]&rtu=-1
This post is sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free in honor of their #frozenfridays campaign launching on social media this summer. The cool and creamy event will run from June 16th to August 18th, so stay tuned! The strawberry magic shell recipe, photos, and product opinions shared here are honest and my own.
I do love chocolate, but sometimes I like to celebrate other flavors. And this strawberry magic shell is amazing atop my current favorite dairy-free ice cream, So Delicious Very Vanilla Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert. Together they have a comforting strawberry shortcake vibe.
Those luxurious pints of So Delicious do come in various indulgent flavors, but I’m a pure vanilla girl at heart. And the Very Vanilla does deliver with warm vanilla notes and alluring caramel-like undertones.
Special Diet Notes: Strawberry Magic Shell
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
I usually enjoy this strawberry magic shell atop Cashewmilk Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert. But if you need nut-free and top food allergy-friendly, serve it over Coconutmilk Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert.
- ½ to ⅔ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon rice bran, grapeseed, or other neutral oil
- 1 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Dairy-free ice cream, to serve (I like this with )
- Place the strawberries in a spice grinder or food processor and them process into a powder, about 30 seconds.
- In a blender or food processor: Add the oils to your blender or food processor, followed by the sugar, powdered strawberries, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a bowl: Add the oils to a mixing bowl. Sift in the powdered sugar, and whisk to combine. Add the powdered strawberries, vanilla, and salt, and whisk vigorously until smooth. The results won't be quite as smooth as using a machine.
- Scoop the dairy-free ice cream into bowls, and drizzle the strawberry sauce over top. It will start to set immediately, but give it 1 minute to fully solidify.
How to Store Leftovers: In theory, if no moisture gets into the strawberry magic shell, this should keep at room temperature. But I prefer to store it in the refrigerator and reheat as needed. I pour single servings into silicone molds and chill for a few hours. I store them in an airtight container, and when needed, melt one in the microwave for 1 minute and give it a quick whisk. Or you can chop it up and use the strawberry chunks on ice cream!
More #frozenfridays Recipe Inspiration
The Best Dairy-Free Pina Colada (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
PB & J Ice Cream Sandwiches (vegan, gluten-free & optionally allergy-friendly)
No Bake Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes (vegan, gluten-free & optionally allergy-friendly)