This recipe for a strawberry pizza cookie is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Nicole Herman. For the sweet sauce, she uses Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt) from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Strawberry Pizza Cookie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, tree nut-free, and vegetarian. It is easily soy-free by using a margarine that is also soy-free (Earth Balance has a couple, including new sticks) and choosing your sugar cookie mix wisely. And of course this concept carries over to a gluten-free strawberry pizza cookie!
- 1 pouch dairy-free sugar cookie mix
- 1 stick dairy-free margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 6-ounce containers So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek Cultured Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, thinly sliced (one saved whole)
- Preheat convection oven to 325°F or regular oven to 350°F
- Combine the sugar cookie mix, margarine and egg until a soft dough forms. Place ball of cookie dough on a round pizza pan and form into the shape of a pizza. Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 10 min or until edges start to turn golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the Cultured Coconut Milk and confectioner's sugar together in a bowl until well blended together.
- Spread evenly on cooled "pizza", top with strawberries in desired pattern and place whole berry in center.
- Slice into pizza shape slices and enjoy!