This recipe for strawberry protein pops is an Honorable Mention Winner (10 VIP Free Product Coupons!) as the Best Out of the Box entry in the The Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, hosted here on Go Dairy Free, and sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free.
These sweet strawberry protein pops were created by Tiffany of Allergy Cookie. She was the only entrant to take on the challenge of developing a recipe with one of the So Delicious Dairy Free frozen novelties, and we loved her simple, but unique idea. In addition to the recipe, she even produced a demo video!
Special Diet Notes & Options: Strawberry Protein Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian and downright food allergy-friendly!
Food Allergies or Not? Take note of the brands used to make these strawberry protein pops. Some dairy-free chocolate chips do contain soy lecithin, and you can use nut butter or peanut butter in place of the sunflower seed butter if nuts/peanuts are not an allergen for your crew.
- 4 So Delicious Dairy Free Minis Organic Simply Strawberry Bars
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes
- 2½ ounces dairy-free chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips)
- ¼ cup roasted and unsalted sunflower seeds
- 4 medium strawberries, chopped
- Spread sunflower seed butter over dessert bars.
- Roll in quinoa flakes.
- Place on wax paper in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips, a little at a time in the microwave, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Stir sunflower seeds into the chocolate.
- Remove dessert bars from the freezer and spread chocolate mixture over top.
- Roll in chopped strawberries.
- Return to the freezer for 15 minutes.