This simple dairy-free dill dip is perfect for summer barbecues, potluck gatherings, or simply snacking while reading a good book. But it also transitions well for back to school – pack it in lunchboxes to encourage kids to munch on healthy vegetables. The recipe is a Savory entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Kristine Deppe.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To makes this recipe into a salad dressing, simply thin with a little coconut milk beverage until it reaches your desired consistency. Use a light hand though, especially if using vegan mayo, as it can thin significantly with even a drizzle.
Special Diet Notes: Summer Dill Dip
By ingredients this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise (regular or vegan)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried or fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Baby carrots, sliced bell pepper and cauliflower florets, for serving.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cultured coconut milk and mayo to combine.
- Whisk in the dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until will distributed.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with the cut vegetables.