This raw protein bites recipe is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Maiah Miller. To bring the ingredients together, she uses Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
Maiah says, “This is a raw, energy-packed cookie that takes only a couple minutes to make, and attached you’ll find the photo. It is allergen-free (free from gluten, soy, dairy, corn and nuts) so suitable for almost any diet!”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Raw Protein Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan and vegetarian. In fact, these raw protein bites are Top 8 allergen-free (by US standards) and Top 11 allergen-free (by Canadian standards)!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- Mash the banana with the tines of a fork, set aside.
- Food process or blend the sunflower seeds until they are coarsely ground. Add in the chia seeds, sunflower seed butter, banana, cocoa, coconut and coconut milk, processing or blending until mixture comes together into one large ball. Add a little extra coconut milk if the mixture is still crumbly and not coming together.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough, roll gently with slightly damp hands and chill raw cookies in fridge or freezer to firm up before serving.
- Will keep in an airtight container in fridge for 3-4 days