Brunch turns an ordinary morning into a celebration of food, friends and fun. But the sweet breads, muffins and waffles often served can be problematic for anyone with food allergies and sensitivities. Fortunately, there are many dairy-free and gluten-free brunch options that can bring plenty of flavor to your table.
These days, modified muffin recipes can be found on nearly every special diet blog, but if you’re looking for something on the savory-side, try these Chicken and Sweet Potato Egg Nests. This gluten-free brunch recipe combines tender chicken and creamy mustard into sweet potato cups for a wholesome, bite-sized treat that will have guests coming back for more.
Plus, here are some additional ideas to round out your dairy-free and gluten-free brunch:
- Gluten-free bread served with a selection of fresh sliced premium deli meats and condiments (minus the cheese!). Serve them open-face, giving your brunch the look and feel of a European spread.
- Make a beautiful platter of sliced kiwi, strawberries, mango, blueberries and pineapple. Serve alongside honey to put a bit of splash on your dairy-free and gluten-free brunch table.
- Roast a variety of vegetables, such as asparagus, carrots, and brussels sprouts. Sprinkle them with fresh herbs as they emerge from the oven.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 Pound Sweet Potatoes, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Deli-Style Mustard (All of the Boar’s Head condiments are GF/DF)
- 4 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast (Boar’s Head brand is GF/DF)
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion until soft and golden.
- Mix shredded sweet potatoes with sautéed onions and mustard. Mold mixture into separate cups in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crisp; cool in the pan. (This can be done a day ahead of time. Cover the cooled cups and wrap in plastic; refrigerate.)
- Scramble eggs with chicken, and when cooked, evenly divide among the sweet potato cups.
- Top with thyme and serve.