Perhaps you missed the news about Gluten-Free Deliciously, a new gluten-free/wheat-free cookbook that offers many dairy-free and egg-free options, or maybe you were just waiting for a little sample of what’s inside? For the latter, I am here to oblige … or should I say the author, Jennifer Cinquepalmi, was more than happy to provide a teaser recipe. She promptly submitted this dairy-free sample recipe from the cookie department of Gluten-Free Deliciously, with the following recipe notes:
This recipe boasts of having no butter, shortening, or margarine, making it a tasty treat without the fat of most cookies. It is also egg-free and gluten-free. Be sure to measure the ingredients accurately.
The Almond Cookies are the ones right on the cover that Jennifer is enjoying!
- ¾ cup almond meal (almonds processed in a food processor work fine)
- ¾ cup sorghum flour (not mix)
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 11 x 17-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well with a spoon. (Note: Do not let dough “sit” as it will dry-out. Do not freeze or refrigerate dough.)
- Drop dough, by the teaspoon, onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, 12 cookies per pan.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing cookies from pan.