This recipe for Thai chicken noodle soup is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Suzanne Banfield. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, and generally food allergy-friendly.
- 2 ounces wide rice noodles
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 container (11 ounces) So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch sticks
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt, pepper and water
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- In soup pot, whisk together broth and curry paste; bring to boil. Add coconut milk and red pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return broth to a boil; add chicken, noodles, spinach and brown sugar. Cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach has wilted and chicken is warm.
- Taste for seasoning; adjust with salt and pepper, as needed, or thinning with water, if desired. Serve immediately.