This Thai tilapia is a “main course” recipe entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Alyse Raponi. For a rich sauce, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Thai Tilapia
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 container So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon red panang paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tilapia fillets (or any white fish)
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- Cook the garlic and ginger in the oil over medium-low heat. When it is golden in colour add all remaining ingredients, except the fish and brown rice. Stir and bring the liquids to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer cooking for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place the fish into the liquid, spoon the liquid over the fish to coat with the bright red colour. Cook until the fish is flaky and can be broken with a fork, about 10 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the fish.
- Serve over brown rice, top with extra sauce, and sprinkle with extra parsley.