This recipe for country style biscuits was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Wai Leng (Kelly) Loke. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage or Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Thyme Country Style Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 600 grams pastry flour
- 12 grams salt
- 15 grams maple sugar crystals
- 30 grams baking powder
- 15 grams fresh thyme, chopped (leave some to sprinkle on top)
- 200 grams coconut oil, solid break into chunks
- 360 milliliters So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk or Coconut Milk Beverage
- Sift dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl, making sure they are blended thoroughly.
- Cut in the chunks of coconut oil. Cutting in means - add coconut oil chunks into the bowl of dry ingredients. Then using your finger tips, swiftly and gently break up the coconut oil chunks into smaller pieces about the size of a green pea. The mixture should look mealy. Do not overmix.
- Add almond milk or coconut milk into mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon, combining only until the mixture holds together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until it forms one mass, should take only about 5 to 6 kneadings. Do not use to much force like you would when kneading a bread dough.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1 centimeter. Cut with a floured cutter and placed the biscuits on a paper-lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 400ºF until the tops are light brown, the sides almost white and the interiors still moist. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from oven and sprinkle fresh thyme over the biscuits. Serve warm.