According to Chef Jason, “This is a simple little pizza, but it is amazing. The crust is very light because it functions like thin bread, and the soft bite of the tomato with the tang of the olives is wonderful. I love this vegan pizza.”
You can use a ready-made pizza crust for the recipe, but for the full experience, take a little extra time and prepare Chef Jason’s Roasted Garlic Chile Crust recipe.
- 3 to 4 heirloom tomatoes, various sizes
- ¼ to ⅓ cup prepared olive tapenade*
- 6 to 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 to 10 kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 to 10 garlic-stuffed green olives
- ½ of the Roasted Garlic Chile Crust Recipe (half the recipe will produce one crust)
- After prebaking the crust (see Roasted Garlic Chile Crust Recipe) keep the oven on 450ºF.
- Spread with the tapenade.
- Slice the tomatoes about ¼ of an inch thin.
- Arrange so there are different colors on each slice.
- Slice the olives and sprinkle around. Chiffonade the basil and sprinkle on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the pizza to cool before slicing.
This recipe is Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free, Nut free, Peanut free, and Soy free.