This simple chocolate protein smoothie possesses more complex flavors and nutritional goodness than you might expect! The recipe was submitted by Fiona Green as a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this recipe for a dairy-free chocolate protein smoothie uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious Dairy Free.
Special Diet Notes: “Melted Chocolate Ice Cream” Protein Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop dairy-free organic protein powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or more according to taste)
- ½ ripe frozen banana, broken into chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- Fresh banana slices or toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with fresh banana slices or toasted coconut flakes.