Summer is the perfect season to indulge in Mexican-inspired dishes, dips and drinks, and watermelon is a versatile fruit with a flavor profile that pairs perfectly with many of the ingredients in traditional Mexican recipes. Sweet and juicy watermelon is a great way to cut the heat of spicier foods, and its texture lends an unexpected, satisfying crunch in dips like this tropical watermelon salsa. But beyond serving it with chips, you can use this tropical watermelon salsa as a surprising fresh sauce over fish, chicken or tofu.
This recipe with photo for tropical watermelon salsa was shared with us by the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Special Diet Notes: Tropical Watermelon Salsa
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, paleo, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 cup trimmed and sliced scallions
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 limes (juice only)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add the watermelon, pineapple, mango, scallions, cilantro and lime juice to a large serving bowl and toss to coat.
- Just before servings, season with salt and pepper to taste.