This recipe for tuna poke parfaits is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Carly. To qualify, the recipe includes Greek-Style Coconut Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Tuna Poke Parfaits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, and tree nut-free.
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Lime juice and zest
- 1 ahi tuna steak, chopped
- 1 6-ounce container So Delicious Dairy Free Greek-style Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (substitute wheat-free tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sweet potato noodles, for topping
- Chopped scallions, for topping
- Stir avocado with a few squeezes of lime juice and a little zest in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl stir together the tuna, coconut milk yogurt, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce, sriracha, and a few sprinkles of sesame seeds.
- In parfait cups, layer first with the avocado mixture, then the tuna mixture, and finally top with sweet potato noodles and scallions.