This recipe for banana blueberry pancakes is a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Christina Perez. For moisture, she uses Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Banana Blueberry Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For soy-free and vegan banana blueberry pancakes (that are also free of hydrogenated oils), you can use Bisquick Heart Smart of even Bisquick Gluten Free. Believe it or not, Bisquick Original is dairy-free. For a handy homemade “Bisquick”, try this recipe.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ banana, Mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3-4 tablespoons dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance Buttery spread)
- Heat up large skillet to medium.
- In a small bowl, mix the mashed banana and So Delicious Almond Milk. Try to get it smooth, some lumps are okay.
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick and Baking powder. Try to whisk out all the lumps.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until incoporated. Do not over mix!
- Lightly grease the hot skillet with a little Earth Balance and pour in a laddle of the batter. Drop 5-7 blueberries on to each pancake. Flip the pancake when bubbles form and cook for an additional 1½-2 minutes on other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Pour over some maple syrup, and enjoy with a cold glass of So Delicious Chocolate Coconut milk!