This recipe for vegan blueberry banana pancakes is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Mya Zeronis. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage and Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt) by So Delicious Dairy Free.
The subtle flavor from the coconut milk, yogurt and oil blends well in recipes like these blueberry banana pancakes.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Blueberry Banana Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1¼ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- 6 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt)
- 5 tablespoons oil (melted coconut oil, if available)
- 8 ounces flour, by weight
- 1 ounce brown sugar, by weight
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled; smashed
- 2 ounces maple syrup
- Whisk together coconut milk, cultured coconut milk and 1 tablespoon oil (reserving the rest for cooking) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture into the wet ingredients; whisk until lumps are gone.
- Incorporate fruits into the batter. Let it sit for 7 minutes.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet or griddle preheated at medium heat with oil. Pour ⅓ cupfuls of batter onto the cooking surface. When edges are slightly brown and bubbles appear on the top after 2-3 minutes, flip using a spatula. Cook the other side until brown.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup.