This vegan blueberry cupcakes recipe is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Savannah Ziegler. To replace the eggs, she uses Blueberry Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt) from So Delicious.
Savannah uses a few drops of blue food dye to send the blueberry message home. For a natural food dye option, try India Tree.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Blueberry Cupcakes
By ingredients, this recipe for vegan blueberry cupcakes is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For tree nut-free and dairy-free one pot creamy pasta, So Delicious offers Coconut Milk Beverage that can be used in place of the AlmondMilk.
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ container So Delicious Dairy Free Cultured Coconut Milk (blueberry flavor)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- Vanilla frosting (Pillsbury brand is vegan)
- Blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line cupcake pan with 12 liners, or spray cupcake pan with Pam.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients together and try to not over mix.
- Pour mixture into cupcake pan and bake 22 minutes.
- Top off with frosting - optional to use blue food coloring.