Luxurious Vegan Cheesecake Ice Cream
I created this vegan cheesecake ice cream recipe for Galaxy Foods, and they loved it so much that they created an entire recipe contest around it!
The recipe itself is darn delicious and like a blank cool and creamy canvas for your flavor cravings. But the whole experience is elevated a notch if you make the Maple Blueberry Sauce and Cheesy Graham Cracker Crust Crumble toppings that I created to go with it. Yes, cheesy graham crumbles – they ARE as good as they sound. Both of those (along with the vegan cheesecake ice cream recipe below) are on the Galaxy Foods website.
Vegan Cheesecake Ice Cream
Creamy cashews and rich cream cheese alternative make an amazing base for ice cream. To get a little extra cheesecake tang, add a dash of salt and generous squeeze of lemon. Feel free to adjust the lemon juice to taste.
Please note that the Prep Time includes chilling and churning time, all of which is hands off. Actually making the ice cream just takes a few minutes, the rest is all a waiting game!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 8 ounces Galaxy Classic Plain Veggie Cream Cheese Alternative (dairy-free and vegan)
- 1 cup water, soymilk, or coconut milk beverage, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the cashews in a spice grinder or food processor, and whiz for 30 seconds, or until powdered.
- Add the ground cashews, cream cheese alternative, 1/2 cup of the water or milk alternative, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt to a blender or food processor, and mix on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended. Briefly blend in the remaining 1/2 cup of liquid.
- Place the blender jar in your refrigerator, and let the mixture chill for 2 hours.
- Make sure the canister or your ice cream maker was frozen overnight. Once frozen, and add the mixture to your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When done, you will have some tasty soft serve. Pack it into a freezer safe container, and chill in the freezer for several hours to get hard packed ice cream.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged birthdays, egg--free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, summer, vegan, vegetarian