This recipe for vegan chocolate zucchini bread is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Holly Price. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, optionally tree nut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable, canola, or sunflower oil
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3½ cups grated zucchini (about 3 whole zucchini)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350ºF. Thoroughly grease 2 standard loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cocoa powder in boiling water.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dissolved cocoa powder, followed by blueberries and walnuts, if desired.
- Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes or until a butter knife can be inserted and removed clean.