Vegan “Honey” Orange Currant Muffins
Enjoy this recipe for Vegan “Honey” Orange Currant Muffins; they were submitted as an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Rebecca Simson Hohl
Vegan Orange Currant “Honey” Muffins
Author: Rebecca Simson Hohl
- 2-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅜ cup canola oil
- ½ cup honey-flavored agave nectar (can sub plain agave nectar)
- grated zest and juice of an orange
- ½ cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a dozen muffin cups with liners or grease.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dairy-free yogurt, applesauce, oil, agave, orange zest and orange juice in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring until just combined (do not over mix). Stir in currants.
- Fill prepared muffin cups and bake 15 minutes, or until just beginning to brown and crack on the top.
- Cool for several minutes in the pan and them remove onto cooling rack to cool completely.
Tagged egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian