Favorite recipes aren’t just about taste, they have to be that perfect trifecta of flavor, ease and consistency or texture that makes you want to enjoy them every day. For me, this almond shake is one of those top picks.
I like to use Almond Plus Almond Milk in this almond shake (and many other recipes!) because it has a nice creamy consistency with an added pump of dairy-free protein formulated right in. It comes in Original and Vanilla varieties, which are lightly sweetened, but I always go for the Unsweetened, which has 0 grams of sugars per serving! All flavors have 5 grams of protein per cup, a better balance of calcium to magnesium than many milk beverages, and are generously fortified with vitamins D and B12.
This protein almond shake recipe post was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free, but this creamy almond shake really is a recipe that I enjoy often!
Special Diet Notes: Craveable Protein Almond Shake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 heaping cup ripe, frozen banana chunks (or 1 large banana, frozen and broken into chunks)
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Protein Milk, plus additional if desired
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla dairy-free protein powder (such as Vega Sport Performance)
- 1 medjool date, pitted (soaked if not soft)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt (omit if using salted almond butter)
- Ice (optional)
- Sliced almond, to garnish (optional)
- Add the banana, almond milk, almond butter, protein powder, date, cinnamon, and salt, if using, to your blender and blend until smooth. If using a lower power blender, pulse on high several times to help break up the chunks before whizzing away. If needed or desired, add more milk alternative to thin. Alternately, if needed or desired, blend in ice to desired consistency and temperature (I use crushed ice and pulse it first since my blender is wimpy).
- Pour into a glass and garnish with sliced almonds if desired.