Who needs a fussy crust when you can enjoy so much creamy goodness in these dairy-free pumpkin spice parfaits? The rich and creamy, pie-like layers with contrasting granola crunch just beg to be served at your Halloween Bash, Thanksgiving feast, or when curling up in front of the fire on a cool fall or winter’s eve.
Each bite contains a double dose of warm cinnamon and nutmeg, plus two types of fluffy, dreamy coconut cream. Yes, two types: my favorite pure coconut milk and the ultimate indulgence, coconut whipped topping. To demonstrate just how amazing these are (as they dive in!), some little goblins, or perhaps elves, made a 5 second micro-video. Just hit play to see the indulgence of the pumpkin spice parfaits in action …
Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Spice Parfaits
Granola Picks – In the pumpkin spice parfaits pictured above, Purely Elizabeth Granola was used. It is vegan, certified gluten-free and made without soy. But for nut-safe and top allergen-free, try a brand like Libre Naturals. For grain-free, but not nut-free, Wildway Granola offers some tasty flavors.
- 1 11-ounce container So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus additional for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 9-ounce tub CocoWhip Coconut Whipped Topping
- 1 cup vegan granola (gluten-free, if desired)
- Pour the coconut milk into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir in the pumpkin, maple, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt, to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into a bowl, and let cool completely.
- Once the pumpkin puree mixture has cooled, gently stir in about 1 cup of the CocoWhip until just combined. Cover and chill the mixture for two hours.
- Layer the pumpkin mixture in serving dishes with the remaining CocoWhip and granola. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, to serve.