Spinach Salad with Fresh Fruit and Kiwi Vinaigrette
We are finally heading into the season of abundance. Billowing salads, light vinaigrettes, and a sweet range of ripe fruit – my palate couldn’t be happier. But beyond the amazing flavors and beautiful presentations, the light greens and colorful fruits in this vegan spinach salad recipe offer tons of health benefits:
- The rich colors found in brightly colored fruits and vegetables indicate the presence of phytonutrients and antioxidants – well known crime fighters when it comes to heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- According to the science, whole fruit kicks some serious butt over supplements when it comes to getting the full nutritional benefits.
- Fresh fruit is a natural sweet that lacks the excessive calories, fats, and added sugars of full blown dessert, but the fiber and water helps to satiate. Plus, fruit makes vegan spinach salad way more appealing!
This spinach salad recipe can technically be enjoyed year-round, since grapes, blueberries, peaches, plums and kiwi are produced in Chile during our cooler winter months, and now as we are transitioning to our own spring and summer weather, we can buy them locally. For more summery recipes using fresh fruit, visit www.fruitsfromchile.com
Spinach Salad with fresh Grapes, Plums, Peaches and Kiwis
- 3 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups washed baby spinach
- ½ cup red grapes
- ½ cup green grapes
- 2 plums, sliced
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 kiwis, sliced for garnish
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place spinach and sliced fruit in a salad bowl and toss with kiwi vinaigrette.
- Garnish with additional fruit pieces and top with toasted almonds.
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged egg-free, food allergy-friendly, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, summer, vegan, vegetarian