Spice things up with an extra-cheesy, nutritious, flavorful bowl of vegan Sriracha Shells ‘n Cheese! This scrumptious dairy-free, soy-free recipe contains a “secret” protein-rich ingredient …
It is Sriracha Hummus! Hope Foods makes a huge line of hummus flavors, which range from Kale Pesto to the Sriracha shown at right. And unlike many other brands, Hope Hummus is completely dairy-free, soy-free, and vegan. Most hummus producers use cheap soybean oil, but they blend in high-quality organic extra-virgin olive oil instead. Each variety of Hope Hummus is also certified organic, non-GMO verified, certified gluten-free, and certified kosher pareve.
As I’ve learned over the past few years, hummus is a healthy, high-protein helper for making creamy dairy-free sauces. This Sriracha Shells ‘n Cheese recipe involves blending hummus with cashews and extra-virgin olive oil for a very luxurious, rich pasta sauce. And don’t be afraid of the nutritional yeast! It’s a “cheesy” all-natural seasoning that melds deliciously.
This recipe with photo was shared with us by Hope Foods, the sponsor of this post.
Special Diet Notes: Sriracha Shells ‘n Cheese
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 8-ounce box gluten-free pasta shells (can use wheat-based, if preferred)
- ½ head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup Sriracha Organic Hope Hummus
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk beverage
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Cook the pasta shells according to the instructions on box.
- Steam the broccoli florets for about 5 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Add the cashews, hummus, milk beverage, nutritional yeast, olive oil, onion, and garlic to your blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Stir the cheesy hummus sauce into the pasta until well coated. Gently stir in the broccoli, and serve.