Veggie White Pizza
This Veggie White Pizza was an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Pam Georges
Veggie White Pizza
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine
- 1-1/2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 small finely minced garlic clove, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano, or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- White or black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan (such as Go Veggie! brand)
- 1 12″ pizza crust of your choosing (wheat or gluten-free), unbaked, placed on an oiled pizza pan.
- Vegetables: asparagus, mushrooms, black/green olives, onions, green peppers, etc.
- Optional: vegan meat substitutes, such as bacon or ham
- Shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (such as Daiya)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine. Add the flour and stir until mixed, making certain to scrape all the flour/butter mixture from the bottom-sides of the pan.
- Very slowly add the coconut milk beverage, whisking it into the flour/butter. Stir in the garlic (if using), oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a slow boil, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring often, until it thickens. Stir in the vegan parmesan. Remove from the heat.
- Evenly spread the white sauce over the unbaked pizza crust.
- Top with your favorite vegetables. (I have used asparagus, black olives, mushrooms, onions)
- Top with any vegetarian meat substitute, if using, such as bacon or ham.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the entire pizza (a lot or a little, this is your pizza)
- Place on the middle shelf of a preheated oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes to brown the bottom.
- Move it to the top shelf for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown.
- When done, remove pizza from the pan onto a cutting board. Slice and enjoy hot.
Every oven is different. Keep an eye on the pizza so that it does not brown too much.
This pizza tastes just as good the next day, heated in the oven.