This winter green salad has a pop of holiday color from the mixed greens, pistachios, and cranberries, complimented by the warm, sweet, zest of a pineapple-ginger vinaigrette.
Winter Green Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For a paleo winter green salad, be sure to select cranberries that are sweetened only with honey, fruit juice, or other “paleo-approved” sweetener.
This recipe for a winter green salad was shared with us by Dole. I was surprised to learn that they make so many salad blends in addition to all of their fruit products.
- 1 package (4.5 ounces) baby mixed greens (used here: Dole Baby Kale & Greens)
- 2 ripe firm pears, halved, cored and sliced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup canned pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the greens, pears, red onion, cranberries and pistachios in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, pineapple juice, garlic and ginger. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad in the large bowl, and toss the salad to evenly coat.