Ten years ago, who would’ve ever thought we would see the day when someone could compile 1000 vegan recipes that truly tasted good. And the author of 1,000 Vegan Recipes, Robin Robertson, confesses that they actually had trouble narrowing it down to just one thousand! Having sampled the Creamy Artichoke Dressing, Maple-Glazed Pecans, and Five-Spice Walnuts recipes, I only have 997 recipes to go. One of our favorites so far is the Hollandaze Sauce (aka vegan hollandaise) and I’m excited to share the recipe with you!
It’s made from fairly simple and wholesome ingredients and results in such a luscious vegan hollandaise sauce. It would make for a delicious vegan “eggs” benedict with tofu scramble on an English muffin!
Special Diet Notes: Hollandaze Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally soy-free.
- ¾ cup unsalted raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch ground cayenne
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
- In a high-speed blender, process the cashews to a fine powder. Add the nutritional yeast, water, lemon juice, mustard, salt, turmeric, and cayenne and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat and add to the cashew mixture. Blend until smooth. Serve as is or return the sauce to the same saucepan and heat, stirring, over low heat.