Updated March 2022! The founder of Bareburger, Euripides Pelekanos, knows that Americans love burgers, but we’ve also become more conscientious about our food. So he’s created a healthier comfort food chain that sources sustainable ingredients, and goes above and beyond for special diet needs. Each location prints any allergy concerns right on your ticket, and they updated their menu to be half vegan. Most of the non-vegan items at Bareburger can also be made dairy-free and/or gluten-free on request.
Bareburger Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Custom Order & Vegan Options
This extensive list includes main menu items, followed by custom order components options at Bareburger with vegan options noted. Really, almost everything on their menu can be customized for dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan customers. Please note that not all options below will be available at every location, but each store has a decent list of menu items and substitutions. e aware of special order requirements in parentheses () next to the menu items, and see the Heads Up notes to help fill in the blanks.
Other Allergen & Dietary Notes: At last check, all items at Bareburger were made without tree nuts, and the only peanuts are the peanut butter (for shakes). All vegan items are also egg-free, and we’ve included some additional egg-free and gluten-free notes. Since there are so many vegan menu items, we’ve simply labeled them rather than breaking out a separate vegan menu guide.
- American (sub vegan cheese and dairy-free bun)
- Matador (sub vegan cheese and dairy-free bun)
- Smokey Blue (sub vegan cheese)
- Standard (sub vegan cheese and dairy-free bun)
- Supreme (sub vegan cheese and dairy-free bun)
- SoCal (sub vegan cheese)
- Wrangler (sub vegan cheese and dairy-free bun)
- Forager (vegan)
- Good Catch – The Gulf (vegan)
- Guadalupe (vegan)
- Sweet Dreams (vegan)
- The Original (vegan)
Heads Up! See the lists below for all dairy-free and vegan bun, patty, sauce, and topping options for build-your-own burgers and substitutions.
- Chicky Club
- Loaded BLT (see note below)
Heads Up! The Loaded BLT at Bareburger is made without dairy, but is incorrectly listed as “contains dairy” on their allergen chart. If ordering, make sure they don’t butter the bread (not standard practice) and that no dairy ingredients are added.
Greens / Salads
- Hudson (sub vegan cheese)
- Mediterranean (sub vegan cheese; vegan)
- Simple Greens (vegan)
- Southwestern (sub dairy-free dressing; vegan)
Heads Up! Yes, the croutons at Bareburger are dairy-free.
Dairy-Free / Vegan Salad Dressings: Green Goddess, Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette, Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar
Sides & Shareables
- All-Natural Chicken Wings (bone-in)
- French Fries (vegan)
- Onion Rings (vegan)
- Organic Sweet Fries (vegan)
- Dill & Sweet Pickles (vegan)
- Plant-Based Chicken Nuggets (vegan)
Heads Up! The Crispy Brussels Sprouts contain cheese, and the Boneless Chicken Wings are made with buttermilk. Their fried items are cooked in Non GMO expeller-pressed canola oil. Check at your location to find out if shared fryers are used with milk-containing items, like their buttermilk chicken. Some locations reportedly have a separate fryer.
Cubby Menu (Kids)
- Cubby Impossible Grizzly Meal (vegan)
- Cubby Beef Grizzly Meal (sub vegan cheese)
- Cubby Turkey Grizzly Meal (sub vegan cheese)
- Cubby Koala Meal
- Cubby Polar Meal (vegan)
- Cubby Teddy Meal (vegan)
- Plant-Based Nuggets Meal (select locations; vegan)
- Cubby Salad
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (vegan)
- Vegan Carrot Cake (vegan)
- Vegan Shakes (see notes below; vegan)
Heads Up! The vegan shakes at Bareburger are made with coconut milk-based ice cream and hemp milk. Their Caramel Sauce does contain dairy.
Dairy-Free / Vegan Dessert Toppings: Chocolate Sauce, Peanut Butter, Mike’s Hot Honey (not vegan), Newman’s Chocolate O’s, Organic Banana, Organic Graham Cracker, Organic Strawberry Preserves
Dairy Alternative Drinks
- Hemp Milk (vegan)
- Rise Oat Milk Lattes (vegan)
- Cubby Bun (vegan)
- Gluten-Free Bun
- Keto-Friendly Bun (vegan)
- Lettuce Bed (vegan)
- Pretzel Hot Dog Bun (vegan)
- Sprout Bun (vegan)
- Sourdough Bread (vegan)
- Tri Color Corn Tortilla Chips (vegan)
Heads Up! The regular Brioche bun at Bareburger does contain dairy.
Proteins & Patties
- All-Natural Bison
- All-Natural Turkey
- Organic Egg
- Grilled All-Natural Chicken Breast
- Organic Grass-Fed Beef
- Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog
- Smoked Pork Bacon
- Black Bean, Roasted Corn & Poblano Patty (vegan)
- Good Catch Fish-Free Patty (vegan)
- Impossible Burger 2.0 (vegan)
- Plant-Based Chicken Filet (vegan)
- Plant-Based Chicken Nuggets (vegan)
- Sweet Potato, Kale & Wild Rice Patty (vegan)
Heads Up! The Buttermilk-Fried Chicken items at Bareburger do contain dairy. All of the items listed above are made without eggs and nuts. The meats are made without soy. They use a burger rub on their meat and meat-free patties, but it is vegan and made without top allergens.
- Buffalo Sauce (vegan)
- Green Goddess (vegan)
- Ketchup (vegan)
- Mango Jalapeno Teriyaki (vegan)
- Mayonnaise (vegan)
- Mike’s Hot Honey
- Mustard Aioli (vegan)
- Organic Garlic Aioli (vegan)
- Smoke Sauce (vegan)
- Special Sauce
- Sriracha (vegan)
- Stone Ground Mustard (vegan)
- Wham Bam Sauce (vegan)
Heads Up! The Ranch Sauces, Caesar, Creamy Honey Mustard, and Habanero Mayo contain dairy. All of the sauces listed above are also gluten-free, and all are egg-free except for the Special Sauce.
- Caramelized Onions (vegan)
- Marinated Black Beans (vegan)
- Marinated Chickpeas (vegan)
- Pickled Red Onion (vegan)
- Sauteed Mushrooms (vegan)
- Truffle Frizzled Onions (vegan)
- Truffle & Rosemary Sea Salt (vegan)
- Vegan American Cheese (Follow Your Heart; vegan)
Heads Up! All of the above items are also egg-free and gluten-free by ingredients.
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find Bareburger
The have over 30 restaurants in the U.S. The highest concentration is in New York. But they also have locations in Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. See their website below for locations, hours, and online ordering.