Updated in 2021! A few years ago, a reader named Donna recommended Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants to us for their extensive food allergy training. In addition to attentive servers and managers, this fine dining chain notes gluten-free options on their menu. They no longer label for vegan, nor dairy-free, but their corporate staff went above and beyond to help us identify dairy-free options. Most of their menu contains dairy, but we’ve uncovered some delicious custom order options and included them in the dairy-free guide below.
Cooper’s Hawk Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Custom Order Options
Like many restaurants, Cooper’s Hawk paired down their menu in 2020 to 2021. So the information below includes items, as noted, that might not be currently available on their limited menu.
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken Potstickers
- Thai Lettuce Wraps (Gluten-Free Menu)
- Sweet Corn & Tomato Risotto (vegan version)
- Artisan Hummus & Roasted Vegetables (unavailable on limited menu)
Heads Up! The Asian Ahi Tuna Sashimi and Thai Lettuce Wraps surprisingly contain dairy.
- Plain Ol’ House Appetizer Salad (no croutons and sub dairy-free dressing)
- Chopped Wedge Appetizer Salad (no bleu cheese crumbles and sub dairy-free dressing)
- Citrus-Glazed Atlantic Salmon & Kale (unavailable on limited menu)
Dairy-Free Salad Dressings: Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette, Oil & Vinegar, Sesame Ginger Dressing, Balsamic Vinaigrette (when available)
Heads Up! All of their soups, limited menu or not, contain dairy.
- Broiled Grouper (Gluten Free Menu; no butter, no sauce, sub dairy-free sides)
- Seared Atlantic Salmon (Gluten Free Menu; no butter)
- Filet Mignon (no butter or steak jus, sub dairy-free sides)
Heads Up! All meaty entrees at Cooper’s Hawk contain dairy in some form, even the Blackened Ahi. Several dishes can be modified but the ones above are recommended by the staff for the safest modification and best results.
- Chicken Potstickers
- Green Beans & Carrots (unavailable on limited menu)
- Asian Slaw
- Asparagus (no butter)
- Broccoli (no butter)
- French Fries
Heads Up! They do use a shared fryer with items that contain milk.
Where to Find Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Cooper’s Hawk has over 50 restaurants in 10 U.S. states, including Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. See their website below for addresses, hours, and online ordering.