They’re known for “Butterburgers” and frozen custard. But Culver’s does have a handful of dairy-free meals, and they can actually make your “Butterburger” sans butter! In fact, most of their savory menu items can be ordered without dairy. They also offer Udi’s buns, so you can customize some dairy-free and gluten-free items.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients at Culver’s (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers (see Allergen Notes) – The Original ButterBurger (no butter), Bacon ButterBurger (no cheese, no butter), Mushroom ButterBurger (no cheese, no butter)
- Chicken (see Allergen Notes) – Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Original Chicken Tenders, Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no butter)
- Sandwiches – Beef Pot Roast Sandwich, Grilled Reuben (no butter, no cheese)
- Dinners (see Allergen Notes) – Butterfly Jumbo Shrimp Basket, Butterfly Jumbo Shrimp Dinner (no butter), Chopped Steak Dinner (no butter), Beef Pot Roast Dinner (no butter)
- Soup – Chicken Noodle Soup, George’s Chili, Stuffed Green Pepper Soup, Vegetable Beef Soup
- Salad – Cranberry Bacon Grilled Chicken Salad (no cheese), Chicken Cashew Salad
- Kids (see Allergen Notes) – Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Original Chicken Tenders, Applesauce
- Sides – Crinkle Cut Fries (see Allergen Notes) , Coleslaw, Dinner Roll, Steamed Broccoli, Applesauce
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Bread (UNBUTTERED, see Allergen Note below) – Udi’s Gluten-Free Bun, Hamburger Bun, Split Top Bun, Rye Bread, Sourdough Bread, Hoagie Bun
- Condiments – Bacon, BBQ Sauce, Gravy, Grilled Onions, Horseradish Sauce, Ketchup, Mayonnaise Packet, Picante Sauce (mild and medium), Sauteed Mushrooms, Shrimp Cocktail Sauce, Spicy Brown Mustard, Steak Sauce, Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce, Tartar Sauce, Yellow Mustard
- Salad Dressings – French Dressing, Honey Mustard Dressing, Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Other Allergen Notes for Culver’s
- Many of their Sundae Toppings are dairy-free, including the Brownie Pieces, but the sundaes themselves are made with dairy ice cream.
- The Hamburger Buns and Bread can be ordered without butter and not toasted. According to the ingredients and confirmation with a Culver’s representative, they are all made without milk, but there is cross-contact with butter on the toaster and grill.
- Culver’s does use a shared fryer, and they note possible cross-contact for milk with the Chicken Tenders, Butterfly Shrimp, and French Fries.
- All Salads at Culver’s can be ordered dairy-free without croutons, without cheese, and with a dairy-free salad dressing.
- Their Veggie Burger Patty and Crispy Chicken Fillets contain milk.
More Details from Culver’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Culver’s: Culver’s restaurants contain common allergens and our dishes are prepared to order; however, normal kitchen operations involve shared cooking and preparation areas and we cannot guarantee any menu item will be free of allergens. Items cooked in the fryers may come into contact with egg, milk, wheat/gluten, soy, fish and shrimp. Culver’s ground beef is 100% beef, and it is cooked on a grill with bread. Breads and buns are baked in facilities that handle sesame seeds. Common allergens are present in custard toppings and cross-contact with other allergens may occur in the custard preparation and mixing area.
Restaurant Website: www.culvers.com
Allergen Information: www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/allergen-grid
Last Updated: February 13, 2021