Updated in 2021! When I was a teenager, my dad and I would meet up at Burgerville every week. He’s always been really into health, but loves to enjoy a burger as his weekly treat. And Burgerville was his favorite. Since moving from the Northwest, I haven’t visited this popular chain. But it looks like they’ve been doing some amazing things. Beyond the usual order, they now serve veggie burgers, turkey burgers, truffle fries, and even vegan milkshakes. In fact, they’ve even added plant based, dairy free ice cream sandwiches to their everyday menu! All of the options are outlined in the dairy-free menu guide below.
Burgerville Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Vegan Options
We won’t tell if you have dessert first, but you might want to know about their savory items too! Burgerville is known for locally-sourced ingredients and a commitment to sustainability. So it isn’t surprising that their menu boasts several healthier options, including plant-based and dairy-free choices. Please note that their allergen information (at the time of our review) had some inaccuracies. The guide below corrects for these and is also labeled with vegan options.
- Original Hamburger
- Best Coast Turkey Burger
- Vega Burger (vegan)
- Colossal Burger (no cheese)
- Colossal 1/2 Pound Burger (no cheese)
- Double Burger (no cheese)
- Hopyard Burger (no cheese)
- Northwest Burger (no cheese)
- Pepper Bacon Burger (no cheese)
- Vegi-Bean Burger (no cheese; also no mayo for vegan)
Heads Up! The Non-Seeded Bun, Plain Bun, and Gluten-Free Bun (contains egg) at Burgerville are made without dairy, but the Brioche Bun is made with milk.
Chicken & Fish
- Best Coast Chicken Sandwich
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Tenders
- Chicken and Chips
Heads Up! The battered halibut at Burgerville does contain dairy, and might be cooked in a shared fryer with other fried foods.
- Seasonal Farm Salad (vegan)
Dairy-Free Salad Dressings: Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Classic Fries (vegan)
- Waffley Fries (vegan)
- Organic Applesauce (vegan)
Heads Up! The fries might be cooked in a shared fryer with other milk-containing foods. Check at your location if concerned about potential cross contamination.
- BBQ Sauce (vegan)
- Burgerville Spread
- Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Garlic Aioli
- Ketchup (vegan)
- Tartar Sauce
Heads Up! Burgerville makes a few other mayonnaise-based aioli flavors for their burgers and sandwiches. They are dairy-free, but contain eggs.
- Plant-Based Cookies & Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich (vegan)
- Chocolate Bliss Shake (vegan)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Shake (vegan)
- Mint Patty Bliss Shake
- Oregon Strawberry Bliss Shake (vegan)
- Portland Cold Brew Bliss Shake (vegan)
- Summer Strawberry Bliss Shake (vegan; this fruit flavor can change seasonally)
- Sweet Cream Bliss Shake (vegan)
- Coconut Whipped Cream (vegan)
What’s a Bliss Shake? It’s Burgerville’s version of dairy-free milkshakes, made with Coconut Bliss Dairy-Free Ice Cream. And yes, you can get it with coconut whip on top! The base soft serve blend for the Bliss Shakes is made with coconut milk and organic cane sugar, and it was created by Coconut Bliss exclusively for Burgerville. The dairy-Free shakes are reportedly made on a dedicated Bliss machine at each participating location, which is separate from the dairy milkshake machine.
What are the Cookie Sandwiches Made with? The dairy free sweet & salty caramel ice cream filling is made by Coconut Bliss, and the chocolate chip cookies are made using gluten-free ingredients from Miffy’s Foods.
- Kids Chicken and Chips Meal
- Kids Original Hamburger Meal
- Kids Classic Fries (vegan)
- Organic Applesauce (vegan)
Breakast (available only at the Portland Airport)
- Hash Browns (vegan)
- Vega Sausage Scramble (vegan)
- Best Coast Turkey Scramble
- Vega-Sausage Breakfast Sandwich (vegan)
- Egg Breakfast Sandwich (no cheese, sub plain bun)
- Best Coast Breakfast Sandwich (no cheese, sub plain bun)
- Northwest Breakfast Sandwich (no cheese, sub plain bun)
- Breakfast Burger (no cheese)
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Where to Find Burgerville
This restaurant chain was established in 1961, and is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. They now have over 40 locations throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington, with a heavy concentration in the greater Portland area. See their website below for locations, hours, and online ordering.