Updated March 2022! Did you know that Del Taco is short for Delicious Taco? Despite the very specific name, this chain serves more than tacos. They have burritos, salads, and even fried chicken tenders on their fast food menu, with dairy-free options in every category. Del Taco is also one of the most vegan-friendly major fast food chains, with a few vegan items right on the menu, and even more available by custom order. Keep in mind, Del Taco’s allergen chart is often flawed, but we research to find the most accurate information.
Del Taco Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Allergen Notes & Vegan Options
Heads Up! Del Taco uses a Grill Seasoning that contains milk. It isn’t clear what items they use this seasoning for. We are inquiring to find out more. In the meantime, make sure it isn’t used on your dairy-free order, and ask if a clean grill space can be used if you are concerned about potential cross contamination with milk. Also, all savory fried items at Del Taco appear to be dairy-free, but make sure their sweet fried items (which contain milk) are made in a separate fryer at your location, if concerned about potential cross contamination with milk.
Allergen Notes: Del Taco doesn’t use peanut or tree nut ingredients in their current menu. Beyond Meat is gluten-free and soy-free, but the Pinto Beans and Seasoned Beef at Del Taco contain gluten and soy. All items listed below are, or can be ordered, egg-free, except the breakfast items containing actual eggs. The Habanero Sauce does contain egg, so any Crispy Chicken items have to be ordered without sauce, or with ketchup, salsa, or other egg-free sauce. Vegan items have been labeled.
- Beyond Guacamole Taco (vegan)
- Beyond Taco (no cheese) (vegan)
- Habanero Crispy Chicken Taco (no cheese)
- Habanero Crispy Chicken Guac’d Up Taco (no cheese)
- Snack Taco, Crunchy or Soft (no cheese)
- The Crunchy Del Taco (no cheese)
- The Soft Del Taco (no cheese)
Heads Up! The Beer Battered Fish, Carne Asada, Crispy Jumbo Shrimp, and Grilled Chicken at Del Taco do contain milk. The Del Taco allergen chart incorrectly lists the Crispy Chicken Taco as milk-free. You do have to order it without cheese.
- CrunchTada Tostada (no cheese) (vegan)
- Epic Beyond Fresh Guacamole Burrito (vegan)
- 8 Layer Veggie Burrito (no cheese, no sour cream) (vegan)
- Bean Burrito (no cheese) (vegan)
- Beyond 8 Layer Burrito (no cheese, no sour cream) (vegan)
- Del Beef Burrito (no cheese)
- Del Combo Burrito (no cheese)
- Epic Crispy Chicken & Guac Burrito (no dressing)
- Macho Combo Burrito (no cheese, no sour cream)
Heads Up! The Beer Battered Fish, Carne Asada, Crispy Jumbo Shrimp, and Grilled Chicken at Del Taco do contain milk. The Del Taco allergen chart lists the Beyond 8 Layer Burrito as milk-free, but you do have to order it without cheese and sour cream.
- Crispy Chicken & Fries Box with Habanero Sauce
Heads Up! The Chipotle and Ranch Dipping Sauces do contain milk.
- Kids Hamburger
Heads Up! Del Taco hamburger buns and meats are dairy-free, but they state their Burger Sauce contains milk (even though it isn’t called out in the ingredients and used to be listed as milk-free).
- Taco Salad with Seasoned Beef (no cheese, no sour cream)
- Taco Salad with Beyond Meat (no cheese, no sour cream) (vegan)
Heads Up! The Carne Asada and Grilled Chicken at Del Taco do contain milk.
Sides & Extras
- Chips & Guac (vegan)
- Crinkle Cut French Fries (vegan)
- Chili Fries (no cheese)
- Deluxe Chili Fries (no cheese, no sour cream)
- Guacamole (vegan)
- Cilantro Lime Rice (vegan)
- Pinto Beans (vegan)
- Seasoned Black Beans (vegan)
- Tortilla Chips (vegan)
- Creamy Habanero Sauce
- Del Scorcho Sauce (vegan)
- Green Sauce (vegan)
- Guacamole (vegan)
- Inferno Sauce (vegan)
- Mild Sauce (vegan)
- Red Sauce (vegan)
- Salsa (vegan)
- Salsa Casera (vegan)
Heads Up! The Burger Sauce, Chipotle Sauce, Creamy Ranch, and Secret Sauce contain milk.
- Hamburger Kid Loco Meal
- Bean Burrito Kid Loco Meal (no cheese) (vegan)
- Taco Kid Loco Meal (no cheese)
- Hashbrown Sticks (vegan)
- Breakfast Burrito (Egg or Bacon; no cheese)
- Breakfast Burrito Meal (Egg or Bacon; no cheese)
- Breakfast Rollers (Egg or Bacon; no cheese)
- Breakfast Toasted Wrap (Egg or Bacon; no cheese)
- Breakfast Toasted Wrap Meal (Egg or Bacon; no cheese)
- Epic Bacon Scrambler Burrito (no cheese)
- Epic Bacon Scrambler Burrito Meal (no cheese)
Heads Up! The Carne Asada at Del Taco does contain milk, and they no longer offer Chorizo. The Del Taco allergen chart states the Donut Bites do not contain milk, but they definitely contain dairy!
Heads Up! Sorry, Del Taco does not have any dairy-free desserts at this time. Their Churros and Donut Bites do contain milk.
- Chocolate Syrup (vegan)
- Real Strawberry Topping (vegan)
- Vanilla Syrup (vegan)
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find Del Taco
There are more than 550 Del Taco locations in the U.S. See their website below for addresses, hours, and online ordering.
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Del Taco has one of the best websites for allergens and ingredients of all fast food places
I said it all above