Updated 2020! Did you know that Del Taco is short for Delicious Taco? Despite the very specific name, this chain serves more than tacos. They have burritos, bowls, and even burgers on their fast food menu.
Del Taco Goes Beyond Meat with New Vegan Options
And now, Del Taco is launching new vegan menu items, made with Beyond Meat, across their entire chain. They have nearly 600 locations in 15 US states. The largest majority of their restaurants are in California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington, but they are located in most of the western states and have a few outposts in the eastern states.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Tacos – Beyond Taco (no cheese), Avocado Beyond Taco, The Crunchy Del Taco (no cheese), The Soft Del Taco (no cheese), CrunchTada Tostada (no cheese), Value Taco (no cheese)
- Burritos – Beyond 8-Layer Burrito (no cheese, no sour cream), Epic Cali Beyond Burrito (no sour cream), Del Combo Beef Burrito (no cheese), Del Beef Burrito (no cheese), 8 Layer Veggie Burrito (no cheese, no sour cream), Macho Combo Burrito (no cheese, no sour cream), Bean & Rice Burrito (no cheese)
- Burgers – Hamburger (no cheese), Double Del Burger (no cheese), Bacon Double Del Burger (no cheese)
- Bowls – Avocado Veggie
- Salads – Signature Taco Salad (no cheese, no sour cream)
- Sides – Crinkle Cut French Fries, Chili Fries (no cheese), Cilantro Lime Rice, Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Fried Tortilla Chips
- Kids – Kids Hamburger, Hamburger Kid Loco Meal, Taco Kid Loco Meal (no cheese), Value Bean Burrito Kid Loco Meal (no cheese)
- Breakfast – Hashbrown Sticks, Eggs, Chorizo Breakfast & Epic Scrambler Burritos (no cheese; the chorizo might be cooked with grill seasoning – check in store)
- Condiments – Guacamole, Burger Sauce, Del Scorcho Sauce, Inferno Sauce, Green Sauce, Red Sauce, Mild Sauce, Mild Salsa, Roasted Chili Salsa, Salsa Casera, Salsa Seasoning, Lime Seasoning, Hamburger Seasoning, Bacon Pieces, Chocolate Syrup, Real Strawberry Topping, Vanilla Syrup
Other Allergen Notes
- Del Taco uses a Grill Seasoning that contains a milk ingredient for many of their proteins, so there is a high risk for cross-contamination on the shared grill.
- Please note that the grilled chicken and carne asada contain milk in their marinades, and the chipotle sauce used on some of the dishes contains buttermilk. The “secret sauce” also contains milk, but we did not see this used on any current menu items. Also, their tortillas appear to be dairy-free by ingredients, but their flatbread (used from some tacos), contains dairy.
- The ground meat, ground turkey, and pinto beans at Del Taco are made without dairy ingredients, but they all contain gluten and soy. However, the black beans and new Beyond Meat option are made without dairy-free, gluten, and soy. The cilantro lime rice and crunchy corn taco shells also appear to be made without gluten.
- We did spot some errors in Del Taco’s listings (ie the Epic Cali Beyond Burrito was listed as milk-free, but it contains sour cream on the menu), so the above information is a combination of our research efforts.
Vegan Menu Items at Del Taco
The Beyond Avocado Taco, Avocado Veggie Bowl, and Crinkle-Cut Fries are listed as Vegan. Other menu items, including the other “Beyond” options, must be modified. But according to the company, their beans (pinto and black), rice, tortillas, buns, and many condiments are vegan.
More Details from Del Taco
Allergen Disclaimer from Del Taco: We did not see an allergen disclaimer, but their kitchen obviously handles a lot of top allergens! Use caution when ordering if a severe or sensitive food allergy is your concern.
Restaurant Website: www.deltaco.com
Allergen Information: www.deltaco.com/files/pdf/allergens-06-2019.pdf
Last Updated: January 2, 2020
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Del Taco has one of the best websites for allergens and ingredients of all fast food places
I said it all above