They still haven’t put dairy-free donuts on the menu, but this massive coffee and baked goods chain is about more than just fried dough. In fact, they officially dropped the donuts from their name. In early 2019, Dunkin’ Donuts became Dunkin’ and they are now serving more special diet options than their direct competitors.
We have the latest news, and we’re honoring this transition with a mocked up dairy-free menu for their food and drinks.
Dunkin’ Rolls Out Oatmilk to expand their Dairy-Free Menu
Way back in 2008, Dunkin’ Donuts launched soymilk at select locations. Then, in 2014, they partnered with Almond Breeze to swap the soy with vanilla almond milk. At first, it was a test market, but in 2016, almond milk rolled out to all 8000 or so shops in the U.S.
Don’t worry, they aren’t abandoning the almond milk, but they are adding oatmilk to the menu. The roll out has already happened at most California stores. And beginning in the spring of 2020, they will be pouring Oatmilk Lattes (iced and hot) at Dunkin’ shops nationwide. You will also be able to order oatmilk for your hot and iced coffees, cold brew, and frozen beverages.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Breakfast Sandwiches (ordered with NO CHEESE) – Veggie Egg White Sandwich, Turkey Sausage English Muffin, Ham & Egg English Muffin, Egg English Muffin, Beyond Breakfast Sausage Sandwich, Wake Up Wrap Sandwich, Bacon & Egg Bagel Sandwich
- Other Breakfast – Hash Browns
- Breads (see Allergen Notes) – Plain Bagel, Mulitgrain Bagel, Everything Bagel, Sesame Seed Bagel, Cinnamon Raisin Bagel, English Muffin, Multigrain Thin, Flour Tortilla, Corn Muffin
- Proteins – Veggie Egg White Omelet, Egg Patty, Turkey Sausage, Pork Sausage, Black Forest Ham, Bacon, Beyond Breakfast Sausage
- Frozen Beverages (see Allergen Notes) – Blue Raspberry Coolatta, Strawberry Coolatta
- Coffee Drinks – Hot Coffee, Hot Tea, Lattes, Iced Coffees, Iced Lattes, and Cold Brews can all be made with dairy-free milk beverage and dairy-free syrups.
- Dairy-Free Milk Beverages – Vanilla Flavored AlmondMilk, Oatmilk
- Coffee Syrups – Coffee Swirl, Mocha Swirl, Thin Mints Flavored Swirl, Peppermint Mocha, Winter Spice, Chai Tea
Other Allergen Notes
- All current Dunkin’ Donuts appear to contain milk, wheat, egg, and soy. Some also contain nuts.
- All of their dairy-free bagels have a “May contain traces of Milk, Egg, Tree Nuts (Walnuts)” warning. We’re not sure if this is due to the bagel production, or cross-contamination in their kitchen. If the latter, then inquire on cross-contamination with their other breads if it is a concern for you.
- All of the breads listed above are also egg-free, except for the Corn Muffin.
- Dunkin’ is a BYOS (bring your own spread) establishment. Some locations might offer jam and/or peanut butter, but the company does not list nationwide availability of any dairy-free spreads for their bread products.
- Their croissant dough is actually made with dairy-free margarine, but they use a glaze on the croissants that contains sodium caseinate (milk protein).
- Their frozen beverages may contain milk or soy due to potential cross-contamination with the equipment. The Vanilla Coolatta contains milk.
- The Almondmilk is also soy-free. We assume the Oatmilk will be too, but check in store.
- According to the company, you can order their Frozen Iced Coffee with oatmilk, but this option is not yet listed on their website. Even so, you would need to omit the whip, and use the guide above for syrup options. Their caramel syrup, coconut caramel syrup, gingerbread s’mores syrup, and winter white chocolate syrup contain milk.
- Sorry, their Hot Chocolate and Vanilla Chai are made with a lot of dairy!
Vegan Menu Items at Dunkin’
Their Plain, Everything, Cinnamon Raisin, and Sesame Seed Bagels and their English Muffins appear to be vegan. Their Mulitgrain Bagels and Thins are dairy-free and egg-free, but they both contain a wee bit of honey. Dunkin’ Hash Browns are also made without any animal ingredients. The Beyond Breakfast Sausage is plant-based, but you have to order the sandwich sans egg and cheese if you want a vegan meal.
To the best of our knowledge, all of the Beverage related option listed on the dairy-free menu above are also vegan.
More Details from Dunkin’
Where in the World is Dunkin’? In 2018, Dunkin’ Donuts shuttered all of their remaining Canadian locations. They still have a large based of restaurants in South Korea, and a smattering of other locations in Asia, South Africa, Europe, and South America. In fact, they have nearly 12,000 locations in 36 countries. But the information in this post is specifically for the U.S. Dunkin’ shops.
Allergen Disclaimer from Dunkin’: Please be advised that any of our products may contain, or may have come in contact with, allergens including Eggs, Fish, Milk, Peanuts, Shellfish, Soy, Tree nuts, and Wheat. Before placing your order, please inform your server if a person in your party has a food allergy.
Restaurant Website: www.dunkindonuts.com
Allergen Information: www.dunkindonuts.com/en/food-drinks
Last Updated: January 11, 2020