Updated 2017! Arby’s is the second largest sandwich chain in the U.S. with thousands of restaurants and additional locations in Canada and the Middle East. Almost all of their sandwiches come with cheese. But you can custom order a dairy-free sandwich by omitting the cheese and using the list of options below. The list below is for the U.S. restaurants, but we’ve included a link to the Canada allergen information further down in this post.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Meat – Angus Beef, Arby-Q, Corned Beef, Deep Fried Turkey Breast, Genoa Salami, Pepper Bacon, Pepperoni, Pit Smoked Chicken, Pit Smoked Ham, Pork Belly, Prime Cut Chicken Tenders (see Allergen Note below), Roast Beef, Roast Turkey, Smoked Brisket, Split Top Bun, Star Cut Bun, Sub Roll
- Bread – Harvest Wheat Buns (see Allergen Note below), Hearty Grain Wrap, Honey Wheat Bread, Marble Rye Bread, Onion Roll, Sesame Seed Bun, Sourdough Breakfast Bread
- Sides – Curly Fries (see Allergen Note below), Homestyle Fries (see Allergen Note below), Potato Cakes (see Allergen Note below), Tree Top Applesauce
- Sauces – Arby’s Sauce, Bronco Berry Sauce, Cajun Sauce, Cajun Seasoning, Cranberry Spread, Dijon Honey Mustard Sandwich Sauce, Gyro Seasoning (not the sauce), Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Horsey Sauce, Italian Seasoning, Ketchup, Marinara Sauce (not Robust), Mayonnaise, Red Ranch Sauce, Roasted Garlic Aioli, Smoky Q Sauce, Spicy Brown Honey Mustard Sauce, Spicy Three Pepper Sauce, Tangy Barbeque Sauce, Thousand Island Spread
- Other Sandwich Toppings – Banana Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Peppers & Onions, Red & Yellow Peppers, Sauerkraut
- Salad Dressings – Light Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Dijon Honey Mustard, Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Breakfast – Breakfast Bacon, French Toast Sticks (see Allergen Note below)
Other Allergen Notes: Arby’s clearly notes that some items, like the Harvest Wheat Buns, are produced on shared equipment with milk and other allergens. They also note that a common fryer is used, so there is potential allergen cross-contamination with the fried items.
More Details from Arby’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Arby’s: Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, product assembly at the restaurant level, and/or season of the year. Certain menu items may not be available at all locations. Federal regulations have identified 8 major food allergens: milk, eggs, wheat, soybeans, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and crustacean shellfish. For your convenience, menu items and ingredients that contain these major allergens have been indicated. Foods cooked in common oil have also been indicated as possible allergens.
Restaurant Website: www.arbys.com
Allergen Information for the United States: cds.arbys.com/pdfs/nutrition/USMenuItems_Ingrdnts.pdf
Allergen Information for Canada: cds.arbys.ca/pdfs/nutrition/Canada_Nutrition.pdf
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: November 24, 2017