Updated 2021! Arby’s is the second largest sandwich chain in the U.S. with thousands of restaurants and additional locations in Canada and the Middle East. We appreciate not only how many dairy-free options they have, but also how thorough and consistent their ingredient and allergen information is. Many of the sandwiches at Arby’s come with cheese. But you can custom order a dairy-free sandwich by omitting the cheese and using the lists below. The lists below are for the U.S. Arby’s restaurants, but we’ve included a link to the Canadian Arby’s allergen information further down in this post.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Limited Time Sandwiches – Crispy Fish Sandwich (see Allergen Notes)
- Signature Sandwiches – Loaded Italian (no cheese), Reuben (no cheese)
- Roast Beef Sandwiches – Roast Beef (Classic, Double, and Half Pound) Roast Beef, Beef ‘n Cheddar (no cheese; Classic, Double, and Half Pound), Super Roast Beef, Arby-Q, Classic French Dip (no cheese)
- Turkey Sandwiches – Roast Turkey & Swiss (no cheese)
- Chicken Sandwiches – Classic Roast Chicken, Classic Crispy Chicken (see Allergen Notes), Roast Chicken Bacon (no cheese), Crispy Chicken Bacon (no cheese, see Allergen Notes)
- Wraps – Roast Chicken Club (no cheese), Jalapeño Bacon Roast Chicken (no ranch sauce), Creamy Mediterranean Roast Chicken (no gyro sauce), Turkey Wrap (no Swiss cheese)
- Sliders – Turkey (no cheese), Roast Beef (no cheese), Ham (no cheese), Roast Beef Jalapeno (no cheese), Chicken (no cheese; see Allergen Notes)
- Chicken – Chicken Tenders (see Allergen Notes)
- Salads – Roast Chicken (no cheese), Crispy Chicken (no cheese; see Allergen Notes), Side Salad (no cheese)
- Sides – Crinkle Fries (see Allergen Notes), Curly Fries (see Allergen Notes), Homestyle Fries (see Allergen Notes), Potato Cakes (see Allergen Note below), Tree Top Applesauce
- Sauces – Arby’s Sauce, Bronco Berry Sauce, Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Horsey Sauce, Ketchup, Marinara Sauce, Spicy Three Pepper Sauce, Tangy Barbeque Dipping Sauce
- Salad Dressings – Balsamic Vinaigrette, Dijon Honey Mustard, Light Italian, Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Breakfast – Breakfast Bacon, French Toast Sticks (see Allergen Notes)
- Dessert – Apple Turnover, Cherry Turnover (In Canada, the turnovers contain milk)
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Meat – Arby-Q, Chicken Breast Strip (see Allergen Notes), Corned Beef, Crispy Fish Fillet (see Allergen Notes), Genoa Salami, Gyro Meat, Pepper Bacon, Pepperoni, Pit Smoked Ham, Roast Beef, Roast Chicken Breast, Roast Turkey, Smoked Brisket
- Bread – Artisan Wrap, Hearty Grain Wrap, Honey Wheat Bread, Marble Rye Bread, Onion Roll, Sesame Seed Bun, Sourdough Breakfast Bread, Split Top Bun, Star Cut Bun, Sub Roll
- Sandwich Sauces & Seasonings – Arby’s Sauce, Au Jus, Bronco Berry Sauce, Dijon Honey Mustard Sandwich Sauce, Gyro Seasoning (not the sauce), Horsey Sauce, Ketchup, Marinara Sauce (not Robust), Mayonnaise, Mild Creamy Dijon, Red Ranch Sauce, Roasted Garlic Aioli, Smoky Q Sauce, Spicy Brown Honey Mustard Sauce, Spicy Three Pepper Sauce, Tangy Barbeque Sauce, Tartar Sauce, Thousand Island Spread
- Other Sandwich Toppings – Banana Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Red Onions, Red & Yellow Peppers, Sauerkraut
Other Allergen Notes
- On the allergen chart, Arby’s lists the Crispy Fish Sandwich as containing milk, but on their ingredient details, all components are dairy-free and do not contain milk allergen. We did confirm that it is dairy-free, but it appears the allergen chart is still incorrect. It is likely a mix-up, since this fillet is cooked in a shared fryer. It should have their fryer warning instead.
- Arby’s states that a common fryer is used, so there is potential allergen cross-contamination with the fried items. They use soybean, corn, and canola oils for their fry oil.
- Some of the breads and proteins at Arby’s do unexpectedly contain milk, like the flatbread, sausage patty, and eggs. So do use some caution in ordering. It isn’t always as simple as no cheese! Use the above lists for guidance and then verify before ordering.
- A reader expressed concern that Arby’s butters their buns. They do not use dairy butter as standard practice on their sandwich bread. It’s always possible, with any chain, that a franchise owner opts to “butter the bread” with a dairy butter or dairy-free margarine. Always check at the location if they do this, and if so, what the ingredients are.
- Many of the menu items are different in Canada and are even sourced differently. See the Canadian allergen link for Arby’s below.
More Details from Arby’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Arby’s: Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, product assembly at the restaurant level, and/or season of the year. Certain menu items may not be available at all locations. Federal regulations have identified 8 major food allergens: milk, eggs, wheat, soybeans, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and crustacean shellfish. For your convenience, menu items and ingredients that contain these major allergens have been indicated. Foods cooked in common oil have also been indicated as possible allergens.
Restaurant Website: www.arbys.com
- Allergen Information for the United States: arbys.com/nutrition
- Allergen Information for Canada: arbys.ca/nutrition
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: February 13, 2021
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
When was your page last updated bc they have changed their allergen menu and its shows all sandwiches classic roast beef no cheese with dairy. Can you help me make sense of this?
Response from Go Dairy Free
I helped Chelsea via email. Our list above is correct. She realized she was getting that information from a blog that doesn’t do updates and was linking to an old allergen menu. We update whenever changes are known, or annually, whichever comes first. There is a last updated date at the bottom of each of our fast food listings for reference. Enjoy!
Follow the Arby’s info
The turnovers Apple and cherry contain milk according to the Arby’s allergen info page!
Response from Go Dairy Free
No they don’t. We’ve triple-checked both the ingredient info and the allergen chary – no milk. Not sure where you are seeing this.
Separate your food
I have deadly allergies. To the top 8. Meanwhile you separate nothing. And don’t accommodate for your guest.