Updated 2021! Blimpie is an American sub chain that enjoyed its heyday in the early 2000’s. But they still have several hundred restaurants across the U.S. Some are stand-alone locations while others are located inside businesses, like convenience stores, gas stations, sports arenas, hospitals, and office complexes.
Please note that Blimpie hasn’t updated their allergen information since 2016, but they also don’t change their menu much. They emailed the following to us:
Yes, the information on line is up to date. Our recipes and ingredients have not changed, thus there is no updates to be made. When there is a promotional item, the nutritional/allergen information is available upon request at the store. Since these items are temporary, they are not included in the mainstream menu information.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Subs/Wraps – BLT, Seafood, Tuna, Turkey & Avocado
- Salads – Cole Slaw, Macaroni, Potato
- Soups – Beef Stew, Grande Chili with Bean & Beef
- Breakfast – Plain Bluffin
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Breads – Ciabatta, Honey Oat, Pretzel Roll, White Italian, Whole Grain Wheat
- Tortillas – Salsa, Spinach, Traditional Flour
- Meats – Bacon, Buffalo Chicken, Capicola, Corned Beef, Grilled Chicken Strips, Ham, Pastrami, Pepperoni, Philly Steak & Onion, Prosciuttini, Roast Beef, Salami, Tuna, Turkey
- Produce – We believe all, but check in store.
- Condiments – Blimpie Special Sauce, Chipotle Mayonnaise, Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce, Mayonnaise, Oil Blend, Red Wine Vinegar, Spicy Brown Mustard, Samurai Sam’s Teriyaki Sauce, Yellow Mustard
- Salad Dressings – Creamy Italian, Light Italian, Thousand Island
Other Allergen Notes
- Although their menu salads contain dairy, you can make any sub at Blimpie (including a custom made one), into a salad.
- If you’re craving a toasted and pressed Panini, they can make you one without cheese using your dairy-free bread of choice.
- Their are a few dairy-containing surprises, like the Veggie Patty, Au Jus, and most of their soups, so use caution.
- Blimpie doesn’t offer gluten-free bread at this time, but gluten-free diners can order the subs as salads. At last check, all of their salad dressings and dairy-free meats were gluten free (the Meatballs contain both dairy and gluten).
More Details from Blimpie
Allergen Disclaimer from Blimpie: We did not note a specific allergen disclaimer from Blimpie, but like all restaurants, potential allergen cross-contamination is possible. Check with the staff to be sure they can safely accommodate your needs.
Restaurant Website: www.blimpie.com
Allergen Information: www.blimpie.com/assets/BlimpieAllergensChart.pdf
Last Updated: February 12, 2021