Updated 2017! Carl’s Jr. has a heavy concentration of restaurants in the Western and Southwestern U.S. Their fast food menu has several dairy-free options, and many that can be “special ordered” without the cheese and/or with a bun swap. For information on Green Burrito (the fast-mex chain often linked up with Carl’s Jr.) see our Green Burrito post.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers & Sandwiches – Famous Star, Super Star, Big Hamburger, Kids Hamburger, Charbroiled Turkey Burger, Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich, Beer Battered Cod Fish Sandwich
- Sides – Natural-Cut Fries, CrissCut Fries
- Dressings & Sauces – Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette, Sweet & Bold BBQ Dipping Sauce, Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Spicy Buffalo Dipping Sauce
- Breakfast – Hashbrown Nuggets, Pork Sausage Patty, Egg
- Individual Burger & Sandwich Items – Sesame Seed Bun, Honey Wheat Bun, Plain Bun, Flour Tortilla, Beef Patty, Angus Beefsteak Patty, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Turkey Patty, All Natural Chicken Breast Marinated, Breaded Chicken Breast Fillet, Beef Steak Strips, Mayonnaise, Special Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Classic Sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, Guacamole, Santa Fe Sauce
No Dairy with Special Order
- Hold the Cheese – Teriyaki Burger, The Big Carl, The Low Carb Thickburger, Jalapeno Turkey Burger, Charbroiled Chicken Club Sandwich, Charbroiled Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich, Breakfast Burger
- Swap in a Sesame Seed Bun or Lettuce Wrap – Big Chicken Fillet Sandwich
- Hold the Cheese & Swap in a Sesame Seed Bun or Lettuce Wrap – The All-Natural Burger, The Original Six Dollar Thickburger, The Guacamole Bacon Thickburger, The Super Bacon Thickburger, The Jalapeno Thickburger
Other Allergen Notes: Carl’s Jr. does not note a shared fryer, but it is very possible that some of the fried items above are made in a shared fryer with dairy-containing menu items. Be sure to check at your location if concerned.
More Details from Carl’s Jr.
Allergen Disclaimer from Carl’s Jr.: We do not have an allergen free cooking environment in our kitchens. All products are prepared in the same kitchen area.
Restaurant Website: www.carlsjr.com
Allergen Information: www.carlsjr.com/system/pdf_menus/3/original/CJ_GB_Allergens.pdf?1335396132
Last Updated: November 23, 2017