Updated 2021! Firehouse Subs is a fast casual sandwich shop with more than 1000 locations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The allergen menus for the U.S. and Canada appear to be the same, so our list below is for North America as a whole. And yes, this chain was founded by former firefighters! In fact, the founders later started the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation to help provide life-saving equipment to first responders.
No Dairy (Milk) Ingredients (see disclaimer below):
- Soup – Chicken Noodle Soup, Chili
- Sides – Coleslaw, Pickle Spear
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Breads – Wheat Sub Roll, White Sub Roll, Everything Hoagie Roll, Gluten-Free Sub Roll
- Meats – Chicken Breast, Oven Roasted Chicken, Peppercorn Bacon, Pepperoni, Salami, Sauteed Steak, Smoked Honey Ham, Smoked Turkey Breast Roast, Tuna Salad, Beef Brisket, Corned Beef Brisket, Pastrami, Roast Beef
- Vegetables – Au Jus Bell Peppers, Au Jus Mushrooms, Au Jus Onions, Avocado, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Cherry Pepper Rings, Chopped Green Peppers, Iceberg Lettuce, Jalapeno Peppers, Onion, Pickles, Tomato
- Salad Dressings – Balsamic Dressing, Honey Mustard Dressing, Italian Dressing, Oil & Vinegar
- Other Condiments – Cajun Mayo, Cajun Seasoning, Captain Sorensen’s Datil Pepper Hot Sauce, Honey Mustard, Jerk Mustard, Light Mayonnaise, Mayonnaise, Marinara Sauce, Spicy Mustard, Sriracha Sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce, Sweet Mustard
Other Allergen Notes
- At our time of review, all of the Firehouse subs and salads contained dairy when prepared by the menu. But in most cases, you just need to order it without cheese. Most of their breads, meats, dressings, and condiments are made without dairy (see lists above!). Which means you can simply order most of their subs from the menu without cheese.
- Take note that the Light Italian Dressing contains dairy, even though the regular Italian Dressing is dairy-free. Their Italian Seasoning and Meatballs also contain dairy.
- For gluten-free diners, they now have a gluten-free sub roll (Schar brand)! It’s pictured below (all of their sub photos have cheese on them, so you’ll have to use your dairy-free imagination!). Their Chopped Salads are also a great gluten-free option. All of the dairy-free salad dressings noted above appear to be gluten-free, too.
More Details from Firehouse Subs
Allergen Disclaimer from Firehouse Subs: Although efforts are made to avoid cross-contact of allergens, Firehouse Subs does not guarantee that cross-contact with allergens will not occur. Before placing your order, please inform your server if you or anyone in your party has a food allergy.
Restaurant Website: www.firehousesubs.com
Allergen Information: www.nutritionix.com/firehouse-subs/menu/special-diets/premium
Last Updated: February 16, 2021