Updated 2018! Firehouse Subs is a fast casual sandwich shop with more than 1000 locations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The allergen menus for the U.S. and Canada appear to be the same, so our list below is for North America as a whole. And yes, this chain was founded by former firefighters! In fact, the founders later started the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation to help provide life-saving equipment to first responders.
No Dairy (Milk) Ingredients (use caution due to cross-contamination potential):
- Breads – Wheat Sub Roll, White Sub Roll
- Meats – Bacon, Chicken Breast, Pepperoni, Salami, Sauteed Steak, Smoked Turkey Breast, Tuna Salad, Beef Brisket, Corned Beef Brisket, Pastrami, Roast Beef, Honey Ham
- Salad Dressings – Italian Dressing, Balsamic Dressing, Honey Mustard Dressing, Oil & Vinegar, Thousand Island
- Condiments – Captain Sorensen’s Datil Pepper Hot Sauce, Cranberry Spread, Honey Mustard, Light Mayonnaise, Mayonnaise, Marinara Sauce, Salsa Verde Sauce, Spicy Mustard, Sriracha Sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- Vegetables – Au Jus Bell Peppers, Au Jus Mushrooms, Au Jus Onions, Cherry Pepper Rings, Iceberg Lettuce, Onion, Pickle Spear, Tomato, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Jalapeno Peppers
- Soup – Chicken Noodle Soup, Chili
- Sides – Coleslaw
Other Allergen Notes: At our time of review, all of the Firehouse subs and salads contained dairy when prepared by the menu. But in most cases, you just need to order it without cheese. Most of their breads, meats, dressings, and condiments are made without dairy. Which means you can simply order most of their subs from the menu without cheese. For gluten-free diners, their Chopped Salads are a great option. All of the dairy-free salad dressings noted above appear to be gluten-free, too.
More Details from Firehouse Subs
Allergen Disclaimer from Firehouse Subs: Although efforts are made to avoid cross-contact of allergens, Firehouse Subs does not guarantee that cross-contact with allergens will not occur. Before placing your order, please inform your server if you or anyone in your party has a food allergy.
Restaurant Website: www.firehousesubs.com
Allergen Information: www.nutritionix.com/firehouse-subs/menu/special-diets/premium
Last Updated: August 3, 2018