Updated 2020! Harvey’s is one of the largest fast food restaurant chains in Canada, with locations in every province. They’re well known for grilled burgers and a good selection of toppings. There allergen guide was a little piece of chaos with some errors. It looks like they have fixed some of them, but I would still double-verify the ingredients before ordering. Especially since they list some of their ranch dressings as milk free.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers – Angus Burger, Double Angus Burger
- Sandwiches & Wraps – Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Grilled Hot Dog, Fish Sandwich (see Allergen Note), Veggie Burger, Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Salads – Grilled Chicken Salad
- Sides – Apple Sauce, Fries (see Allergen Note), Onion Rings (see Allergen Note), Frings (see Allergen Note), Deep-Fried Pickles (see Allergen Note), Gravy
- Dipping Sauces – Barbecue, Plum, Sweet ‘n Sour
- Salad Dressings – Garlic Peppercorn Ranch, Lite Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Buns & Wraps – Original Bun, Multigrain Bun, Hot Dog Bun, Tortilla
- Burger / Sandwich Garnishes – Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Hot Peppers, Cucumbers, Jalapenos, Black Olives, Relish, Ketchup, Mustard, Barbecue Sauce, Hot Sauce, Ranch, Chipotle, Garlic Mayo, Tartar Sauce
Other Allergen Notes
- Not all varieties of their ranch are dairy-free (the Sriracha Ranch Sauce contains dairy), but the ones noted above do state that they are made without milk ingredients.
- The Buffalo Chicken Poutine is listed as not containing milk on their allergen chart, but we’re pretty pretty sure it contains milk. It’s a meal sized version of their Classic Poutine (plus buffalo chicken), which does contain milk.
- Harvey’s does not appear to use any peanuts or tree nuts, but verify if cross-contamination is a concern.
Vegan Menu Items at Harvey’s
Their Veggie Burger is house-made, dairy-free, egg-free, and reportedly free of any non-vegan ingredients. The regular and multigrain buns are vegan, and we’ve heard that their fries, onion rings, and fried pickles are also vegan. They are also made without dairy and eggs.
More Details from Harvey’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Harvey’s: All fried products may contain one or all of the allergens identified in the Allergen Guide as fryer oil is a source of cross-contamination. As in all non-dedicated kitchens, there is the possibility of cross-contamination between food items.
Restaurant Website: www.harveys.ca
Allergen Information: www.harveys.ca/eng/allergy
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: January 3, 2020