Updated 2017! Harvey’s is one of the largest fast food restaurant chains in Canada, with locations in every province. There allergen guide is a little piece of chaos with some errors, so I would double-verify the ingredients before ordering.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers – Harvey’s Angus Burger
- Other Sandwiches – Hot Dog, Fish Sandwich, Veggie Burger
- Buns & Wraps – Original Bun, Hot Dog Bun, Multigrain Bun, Tortilla
- Bowls – Loaded Fry Bowl (no cheese), Southwest Bowl (no cheese)
- Burger / Sandwich Garnishes – Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Red Onions, Relish, Hot Peppers, Cucumbers, Jalapenos, Black Olives, Crispy Noodles, Corn & Black Bean Blend
- Burger / Sandwich Condiments – Ketchup, Mustard, Light Mayonnaise, Barbecue Sauce, Hot Sauce, Ranch, Chipotle, Garlic Mayo, Tartar Sauce, Harv Sauce, Guacamole, Asian Sesame Sauce, Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Sides – Apple Sauce, Fries, Onion Rings, Frings, Gravy
- Dipping Sauces – Honey Mustard, Barbecue, Plum, Sweet ‘n Sour
- Salads – Grilled Chicken Salads (including BLT)
- Salad Dressings – Garlic Peppercorn Ranch, Lite Italian, Renee’s Raspberry Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Blended Drinks – Superberry Smothie
Other Allergen Notes: They use dairy in strange places (like grilled chicken), while seemingly avoiding it in others (like ranch dressing). One smoothie appears to be dairy free, while the others contain milk products. In other words, this isn’t a very straightforward fast food chain when it comes to allergens. So use extra caution.
More Details from Harvey’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Harvey’s: All fried products may contain one or all of the allergens identified in the Allergen Guide as fryer oil is a source of cross-contamination. As in all non-dedicated kitchens, there is the possibility of cross-contamination between food items.
Restaurant Website: www.harveys.ca
Allergen Information: www.harveys.ca/eng/allergy
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: January 9, 2016