Updated 2017! Jack In The Box is a U.S. fast-food chain known for burgers and Americanized International cuisine. They have over 2000 restaurants with a heavy concentration of locations on the West Coast. The ingredients that they use for their menu items are a bit convoluted, so it might be best to stick with the “already dairy free” items like the ones listed here rather than trying to special order.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Burgers – Hamburger, Jr. Jack, Jumbo Jack
- Chicken – Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- Fish – Fish Sandwich
- Sides – Side Salad (without dressing and croutons), Spicy Corn Sticks, Egg Rolls, French Fries, Potato Wedges, Seasoned Curly Fries, Halfsies
- Breakfast – Hash Browns, Sliced Ham, Sausage Patty, Bacon Slices
- Salad Dressings – Low fat Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Dipping Sauces – Barbecue, Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo, Honey Mustard, Sweet ‘n Sour, Teriyaki, Pancake Syrup
- Other Sauces – Creamy Bacon Mayo, Creamy Sriracha Sauce, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Tartar Sauce, Fire Roasted Salsa, French’s Mustard, Grape Jelly, Hot Taco Sauce, Kikkoman Soy Sauce, Pride 40% Vegetable Oil Whipped Spread, Secret Sauce, Strawberry Jam
Other Allergen Notes: Jack In The Box sources many different breads and meats, so special ordering other burgers or sandwiches that aren’t on this list isn’t as feasible. In many cases, just omitting the cheese won’t cover all of the dairy issues. Soy-free and wheat-free (they do not specifically note gluten-free) options are very limited at Jack In The Box, and mostly include select salads and sides. We are assuming that they use a shared fryer for all fried menu items, so fried items might be at risk for potential allergen cross-contamination.
More Details from Jack In The Box
Allergen Disclaimer from Jack In The Box: Like most restaurants, our restaurants prepare and serve products that contain Soy, Egg, Fish, Milk and Wheat. While a particular ingredient statement may not list one of these allergens, our products may be prepared with equipment that is shared with products containing one or more of these allergens. If you have a food allergy, please consult with your physician before deciding which Jack
in the Box products are right for you. We also recommend checking our Ingredient and Allergen information frequently as our menu and ingredients may change.
Restaurant Website: www.jackinthebox.com
Allergen Information: www.jackinthebox.com/food
Last Updated: November 26, 2017