Updated 2020! I contacted Panda Express after one of our prior updates, because some items were marked as containing milk that seemed odd – like the mixed vegetables and the fried rice. They never responded to me, but they silently fixed the allergen menu! Those items are no longer noted as containing milk.
Panda Express is the largest Asian fast food chain in the U.S., specializing in American Chinese cuisine. They also have locations throughout Canada and some in Asia. They are traditionally located in food courts, but these days you can also find Panda Express stand-alone restaurants. They have just one allergen chart for both the U.S. and Canadian, so the list below covers both countries.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sides – Chow Mein, Fried Rice, White Steamed Rice, Brown Steamed Rice, Super Greens (side)
- Veggies Entrees – Eggplant Tofu, Super Greens
- Chicken Entrees – Black Pepper Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, Grilled Asian Chicken, Asian Chicken, Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Mushroom Chicken, Potato Chicken, Honey Sesame Chicken Breast, String Bean Chicken Breast, SweetFire Chicken Breast, Sweet & Sour Chicken Breast
- Beef Entreees – Broccoli Beef, Shanghai Angus Steak
- Seafood Entrees – Golden Treasure Shrimp
- Appetizers – Chicken Potstickers, Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Soup – Hot & Sour Soup
- Sauces – Teriyaki Sauce, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Chili Sauce, Soy Sauce, Potsticker Sauce, Plum Sauce, Hot Mustard
Other Allergen Notes
- Note that the Chicken Egg Rolls, Chow Fun, Orange Chicken, Beijing Beef, and other Seafood Entrees do contain dairy.
- All of the dairy-free menu items appear to be egg-free, too, with the exceptions of the Fried Rice and Hot & Sour Soup.
- Panda Express notes that they do not have any vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free dishes.
- Most of their entrees also contain soy. But the SweetFire Chicken Breast and Sweet & Sour Chicken Breast appear to be both dairy-free and soy-free.
- They reportedly do not add any MSG.
More Details from Panda Express
Allergen Disclaimer from Panda Express: Panda uses ingredients that contain all the major FDA allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, soy and wheat). Panda prepares its entrees fresh with shared cooking equipment and therefore allergens could be present in any entree.
Restaurant Website: www.pandaexpress.com
Allergen Information for the United States and Canada: s3.amazonaws.com/PandaExpressWebsite/files/pdf/Nutrition.pdf
Last Updated: January 3, 2020
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
🙏 thank you
I appreciate being and to find all the information I need – I didn’t have a reaction eating the chow mein and black and pepper chicken. My allergies are egg and dairy.
Exactly what I needed
This info is exactly what I needed! Thank you!
Response from Go Dairy Free
Happy to help!
Well Researched and Easy to Read
Great article! Thorough research and easy to read dairy free menu options. Thank you for doing the research for me! ?