Updated 2017! Panda Express is the largest Asian fast food chain in the U.S., specializing in American Chinese cuisine. They also have locations throughout Canada and some in Asia. They are traditionally located in food courts, but these days you can also find Panda Express stand-alone restaurants. They have just one allergen chart for both the U.S. and Canadian, so the list below covers both countries.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sides – Chow Mein, White Steamed Rice, Brown Steamed Rice
- Veggies Entrees – Country Style Bean Curd, Eggplant Tofu, Hot Szechuan Tofu
- Chicken Entrees – Black Pepper Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, Grilled Asian Chicken, Asian Chicken, Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Mushroom Chicken, Potato Chicken, String Bean Chicken Breast, SweetFire Chicken Breast, Sweet & Sour Chicken Breast
- Beef Entreees – Broccoli Beef, Shanghai Angus Steak (with asparagus or with string beans)
- Pork Entrees – Peking Pork
- Seafood Entrees – Golden Treasure Shrimp
- Appetizers – Chicken Potstickers
- Soup – Hot & Sour Soup
- Sauces – Teriyaki Sauce, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Chili Sauce, Soy Sauce, Potsticker Sauce, Plum Sauce, Hot Mustard
Other Allergen Notes: We were surprised to find out that their Mixed Veggies (side or entree), Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Spring Rolls, and Chow Fun contain dairy. Also, Panda Express notes that they do not have any vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free dishes. Most of their entrees also contain soy. But the Peking Pork, SweetFire Chicken Breast and Sweet & Sour Chicken Breast appear to be both dairy-free and soy-free. They reportedly do not add any MSG.
More Details from Panda Express
Allergen Disclaimer from Panda Express: Panda uses ingredients that contain all the major FDA allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, soy and wheat). Panda prepares its entrees fresh with shared cooking equipment and therefore allergens could be present in any entree.
Restaurant Website: www.pandaexpress.com
Allergen Information for the United States and Canada: s3.amazonaws.com/PandaExpressWebsite/files/pdf/Nutrition.pdf
Last Updated: November 25, 2017