Updated 2021! I contacted Panda Express after one of our prior updates, because some items were marked as containing milk that seemed odd – like the vegetables and the fried rice. They never responded to me, but they silently fixed the allergen menu! Those items are no longer noted as containing milk.
Panda Express is the largest Asian fast food chain in the U.S., specializing in American Chinese cuisine. They also have locations throughout Canada and some in Asia. They are traditionally located in food courts, but these days you can also find Panda Express stand-alone restaurants. They have just one allergen chart for both the U.S. and Canadian, so the list below covers both countries.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Sides – Chow Mein, Fried Rice, White Steamed Rice, Brown Steamed Rice, Super Greens, Chow Fun
- Veggies Entrees – Eggplant Tofu, Super Greens
- Chicken Entrees – Black Pepper Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Grilled Asian Chicken, Asian Chicken, Mushroom Chicken, Potato Chicken, Honey Sesame Chicken Breast, Firecracker Chicken Breast, String Bean Chicken Breast, Sweetfire Chicken Breast, Sweet & Sour Chicken Breast, Sichuan Hot Chicken
- Beef Entreees – Black Pepper Angus Steak, Broccoli Beef, Shanghai Angus Steak
- Seafood Entrees – Golden Treasure Shrimp, Firecracker Shrimp
- Appetizers – Chicken Potstickers, Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Soup – Hot & Sour Soup
- Sauces – Teriyaki Sauce, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Chili Sauce, Soy Sauce, Potsticker Sauce, Plum Sauce, Hot Mustard
- Dessert – Fortune Cookies
Other Allergen Notes
- Note that the Chicken Egg Rolls, Orange Chicken, Beijing Beef, Honey Walnut Shrimp, and Steamed Ginger Fish at Panda Express do contain dairy.
- All of the dairy-free menu items at Panda Express appear to be egg-free, too, with the exceptions of the Fried Rice and Hot & Sour Soup.
- Panda Express specifically states they do not have any vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free dishes. However, some vegan websites say their Vegetable Spring Rolls, Fortune Cookies, and all Veggie Entrees, Sides, and Sauces named above are vegan. Check with the store to verify before ordering.
- Most of their entrees also contain soy. But the Sichuan Chicken, Sweetfire Chicken Breast, and Sweet & Sour Chicken Breast appear to be both dairy-free and soy-free.
- They reportedly do not add any MSG.
More Details from Panda Express
Allergen Disclaimer from Panda Express: Panda uses ingredients that contain all the major FDA allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, soy and wheat). Panda prepares its products fresh with shared cooking equipment and therefore allergens could be present in any entree.
Restaurant Website: www.pandaexpress.com
Allergen Information for the United States and Canada: www.pandaexpress.com/nutritioninformation
Last Updated: February 18, 2021
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
🙏 thank you
I appreciate being and to find all the information I need – I didn’t have a reaction eating the chow mein and black and pepper chicken. My allergies are egg and dairy.
Exactly what I needed
This info is exactly what I needed! Thank you!
Response from Go Dairy Free
Happy to help!
Well Researched and Easy to Read
Great article! Thorough research and easy to read dairy free menu options. Thank you for doing the research for me! ?