Updated 2018! Papa John’s is one of the largest U.S. pizza chains. They haven’t introduced dairy-free cheese alternative yet, so you’ll need to special order “no cheese” for a dairy-free pizza. Please excuse the cheesy photo below – I couldn’t find a cheeseless pizza picture from them!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Crusts – Original Hand Tossed Dough, Fresh Pan Dough, Pan Oil
- Sauces – Pizza Sauce, Pan Sauce, BBQ Pizza Sauce
- Toppings – Italian Sausage, Beef, Canadian Bacon, Bacon, Grilled Chicken, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Onion, Green Peppers, Black Olives, Green Olives, Sliced Jalapenos, Banana Peppers, Tomatoes, Anchovies
- Sides – Original Breadsticks
- Dipping Sauces – Garlic, Pizza, Honey Mustard, BBQ, Buffalo
- Seasonings Packets – Crushed Red Pepper, Special Seasoning
Other Allergen Notes: They do have a gluten-free crust, but it does contain dairy (and eggs). Because cheese is used in abundance, find out if they can accommodate a safe preparation zone to help prevent cross-contamination, if needed.
More Details from Papa John’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Papa John’s: The allergen information provided is based on Papa John’s standard product formulations and is for U.S. locations only. Product formulations, recipe changes, ingredient substitutions, and/or suppliers may change.
Restaurant Website: www.papajohns.com
Allergen Information: www.papajohns.com/allergens/papa-johns-allergen-guide.html
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: August 19, 2018