Updated 2021! Papa Murphy’s offers take-and-bake pizzas in the U.S. and Canada. They have a menu of creative pizzas, but many people just show up and request toppings as they go. In theory, this makes it a very easy option for special diet diners. But of course, there is a lot of wheat and dairy flying at every Papa Murphy’s!
You will notice they don’t have dairy-free cheese alternative on their permanent menu, yet. But Papa Murphy’s has been test marketing dairy-free cheese and vegan pepperoni in certain Midwest cities in the U.S. Keep your eyes open, as it might make a sudden appearance at your local shop! If they don’t have it, you can order cheeseless with some guidance from the information below.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
To the best of our knowledge, this information covers both the U.S. and Canada.
- Crusts (see Allergen Note below) – Original, Thin, Gluten Free (Udi’s brand)
- Pizza Sauces (see Allergen Note below) – Traditional Pizza Sauce, Olive Oil & Garlic, BBQ Sauce (KC Masterpiece), Sweet Chili Sauce, Salsa
- Meat Toppings (see Allergen Note below) – Anchovies, Canadian Bacon, Crispy Bacon, Chicken, Ground Beef, Italian Sausage, Ground Sausage, Giant Pepperoni, Pepperoni, Small Cup Pepperoni
- Other Toppings – Artichoke Hearts, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Chopped Garlic, Crushed Chili Pepper Flakes, Green Chili, Green Olives, Green Onions, Green Peppers, Jalapenos, Onion Mix, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Roma Tomatoes, Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Zesty Herb Blend, Zucchini
- Dipping Sauces – Marinara
- Salad Dressings – 1000 Island Dressing
Other Allergen Notes:
- Papa Murphy’s customer service told me that none of their meats contain dairy, but online the ingredients show milk in the Salami. Just to be certain, I am double checking that the lactic acid starter culture in the Pepperoni isn’t dairy derived.
- You can special order their Cheesy Bread with no cheese and no garlic spread, but their Garlic & Olive Oil Sauce brushed on instead. It comes with the Marinara Sauce.
- Salads have to be custom ordered with no cheese, no croutons, and with the 1000 Island Dressing. All other dressings, including the Balsamic Vinaigrette and Italian Dressing do contain milk.
Vegan Menu Items
According to Papa Murphy’s, all of their wheat-based crusts are vegan (we’re double checking on the Pan Crust). The Udi’s gluten-free crust contains egg, so it isn’t vegan. Also, all of their sauces are vegan, except for the White Sauce, which contains dairy. They do not have any meat alternative toppings, but their vegetable toppings are obviously vegan-friendly.
More Details from Papa Murphy’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Papa Murphy’s: The nutrition and ingredient information provided is based on Papa Murphy’s standard product formulations using the latest nutritional data available from the USDA as well as current information supplied by our ingredient vendor partners; however, variations may occur depending on the particular supplier, product assembly per restaurant, region and other factors. Menu items may vary by restaurant. Substitution of ingredients/standard topping combinations may alter nutrition values. Product formulations may change periodically. Please be aware that during normal operations ingredients may come in direct contact with shared preparation areas, equipment, utensils, and instances of contact with allergen containing ingredients.
Restaurant Website: www.papamurphys.com
Allergen Information: www.papamurphys.com/nutrition
Last Updated: February 18, 2021
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Vegan pizza is life!
So I ordered a 16″ traditional crust w red sauce, banana peppers, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion and spinach. $14.12 out the door. Brought it home and added green and black olives, soyrizo(vegan chorizo) and daiya mozz cheeze! Pizza heaven! Makes 8 bigass slices!