Updated 2018! Papa Murphy’s offers take-and-bake pizzas in the U.S. and Canada. They have a menu of creative pizzas, but many people just show up and request toppings as they go. In theory, this makes it a very easy option for special diet diners. But their allergen chart leaves a little to be desired. We did some sleuthing to create the list below, but verify the ingredients and allergens in store before ordering. Some of their online labeling wasn’t very clear. Needless to say, you should at the least request no cheese for your dairy-free pizza pie. Papa Murphy’s doesn’t yet have a dairy-free cheese alternative. To the best of our knowledge, this list covers both the U.S. and Canada.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Crusts (see Allergen Note below) – Original, Thin, NY Crust, Gluten Free (Udi’s brand)
- Sauces (see Allergen Note below) – Traditional Pizza Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Barbecue Sauce, Burger Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, Olive Oil & Garlic
- Meat Toppings (see Allergen Note below) – Italian Sausage, Canadian Bacon, Beef, Pepperoni, Raised without Antibiotics Chicken, Crispy Bacon, Angus Beef Steak
- Other Toppings – Onion Mix, Roma Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Green Onions, Natural Roasted Garlic Cloves, Pickles, Artichoke Hearts, Spinach, Zesty Herb Blend, Black Olives, Green Peppers, Zucchini, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Pineapple, Chopped Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper
- Salad Dressings – 1000 Island Dressing
Other Allergen Notes: Papa Murphy’s didn’t clearly mark specific ingredients for top allergens online, so it is essential to verify the crust, sauce, and meat topping ingredients before ordering. We do know that the Spicy Fennel Sausage and Salami do contain dairy. The crust, sauce, and meat toppings noted above appeared dairy free, but did have some ingredients that can be questionable – like natural flavors and lactic acid starter culture. The salads, except for the Caeasars, might be dairy-free if you request no cheese. Verify the ingredients and any allergens in store.
More Details from Papa Murphy’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Papa Murphy’s: The nutrition and ingredient information provided is based on Papa Murphy’s standard product formulations using the latest nutritional data available from the USDA as well as current information supplied by our ingredient vendor partners; however, variations may occur depending on the particular supplier, product assembly per restaurant, region and other factors. Menu items may vary by restaurant. Substitution of ingredients/standard topping combinations may alter nutrition values. Product formulations may change periodically. Please be aware that during normal operations ingredients may come in direct contact with shared preparation areas, equipment, utensils, and instances of contact with allergen containing ingredients.
Restaurant Website: www.papamurphys.com
Allergen Information: www.papamurphys.com/nutrition
Last Updated: August 4, 2018