Updated 2020! Papa Murphy’s offers take-and-bake pizzas in the U.S. and Canada. They have a menu of creative pizzas, but many people just show up and request toppings as they go. In theory, this makes it a very easy option for special diet diners. But their allergen chart leaves a little to be desired.
We did some sleuthing to create the list below, but verify the ingredients and allergens in store before ordering. Some of their online labeling wasn’t very clear. Needless to say, you should at the least request no cheese for your dairy-free pizza pie. Papa Murphy’s doesn’t yet have a dairy-free cheese alternative. To the best of our knowledge, this list covers both the U.S. and Canada.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Crusts (see Allergen Note below) – Original, Thin, NY Crust, Gluten Free (Udi’s brand)
- Sauces (see Allergen Note below) – Traditional Pizza Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Barbecue Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, Olive Oil & Garlic, Burger Sauce (limited availability)
- Meat Toppings (see Allergen Note below) – Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Chicken (raised without antibiotics), Giant Pepperoni, Ground Beef, Italian Sausage, Pepperoni
- Other Toppings – Artichoke Hearts, Black Olives, Chopped Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper, Green Onions, Green Peppers, Jalapenos, Onion Mix, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Roma Tomatoes, Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Zesty Herb Blend, Zucchini
- Salad Dressings – 1000 Island Dressing
Other Allergen Notes:
- Papa Murphy’s customer service told me that none of their meats contain dairy, but online the ingredients show milk in the Spicy Fennel Sausage and Salami. Just to be certain, I am double checking that the lactic acid starter culture in the Pepperoni isn’t dairy derived.
- The salads, except for the Caeasar, might be dairy-free if you request no cheese. Verify the ingredients and any allergens in store.
Vegan Menu Items
According to Papa Murphy’s, all of their wheat-based crusts are vegan. The Udi’s gluten-free crust contains egg, so it isn’t vegan. Also, all of their sauces are vegan, except for the White Sauce, which contains dairy. They do not have any meat alternative toppings, but their vegetable toppings are obviously vegan-friendly.
More Details from Papa Murphy’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Papa Murphy’s: The nutrition and ingredient information provided is based on Papa Murphy’s standard product formulations using the latest nutritional data available from the USDA as well as current information supplied by our ingredient vendor partners; however, variations may occur depending on the particular supplier, product assembly per restaurant, region and other factors. Menu items may vary by restaurant. Substitution of ingredients/standard topping combinations may alter nutrition values. Product formulations may change periodically. Please be aware that during normal operations ingredients may come in direct contact with shared preparation areas, equipment, utensils, and instances of contact with allergen containing ingredients.
Restaurant Website: www.papamurphys.com
Allergen Information: www.papamurphys.com/nutrition
Last Updated: January 6, 2020
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
Vegan pizza is life!
So I ordered a 16″ traditional crust w red sauce, banana peppers, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion and spinach. $14.12 out the door. Brought it home and added green and black olives, soyrizo(vegan chorizo) and daiya mozz cheeze! Pizza heaven! Makes 8 bigass slices!