Updated 2021! Pizza Hut has thousands of locations worldwide. They haven’t added dairy-free cheese alternative to their U.S. menu yet, but they do have it in the U.K. In fact, the British have a whole vegan menu!
But to ensure a dairy-free pie anywhere, order your pizza without cheese and then pick from the plethora of dairy-free crust, sauce, and topping options below. Many Pizza Hut locations also have a WingStreet within, so we’ve included those options, too. These lists are for the United States, but we’ve also included links near the bottom of this post to the allergen charts for Canada and the United Kingdom. And the UK is a bit more progressive with their options – they now offer vegan cheesecake!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Wingstreet Wings (both Bone-In and Bone-Out) – Naked, Buffalo Mild, Buffalo Medium, Cajun Rub, Hawaiian Teriyaki, Honey BBQ, Lemon Pepper Rub, Nashville Hot, Smoky Sriracha
- Sides – Wingstreet Straight-Cut Fries
- Dipping Sauces – Barbecue, Buffalo, Ketchup, Honey BBQ (limited offer)
- Desserts – Cinnamon Sticks (no icing)
Components to Customize Your Order (Cheese-Free Pizza!)
- Pizza Crust – Hand Tossed Crust, Original Pan Crust, Thin ‘n Crispy Crust, Udi’s Gluten-Free Crust, Rectangular Crust, Buttery Blend Crust Flavor
- Pizza Sauces – Classic Marinara, Buffalo, Barbeque
- Pizza Meat Toppings – Applewood Smoked Bacon, Beef, BBQ Beef (regional), Grilled Chicken, Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Seasoned Pork, Slow-Roasted Ham, Beyond Meat Pepperoni (regional)
- Pizza Meat Alternative Toppings – Beyond Italian Sausage
- Pizza Produce Toppings – Diced Roma Tomatoes, Fresh Green Bell Peppers, Fresh Red Onions, Fresh Mushrooms, Green Olives, Green Chile Peppers, Lettuce (regional), Mediterranean Black Olives, Roasted Spinach, Sliced Banana Peppers, Sliced Jalapeños, Sweet Pineapple
- Pizza Drizzles – Barbeque, Buffalo
Other Allergen Notes
- Their Breadsticks are seasoned with garlic and parmesan, but you can order them dairy-free, without topping, but with a dipping cup of Marinara.
- The Garlic Parmesan, Ranch Rub, Smoky Garlic, and Spicy Garlic Wings do contain dairy.
- At last check, the only topping at Pizza Hut that contained dairy was their Classic Meatballs.
- Cheese literally flies at pizza shops. If potential cross-contamination is a concern for you, check on the preparation and ensure that they can accommodate your needs at the specific location you’re ordering from.
- Peanuts and tree nuts are not used in Pizza Hut restaurants. But they may be used in common manufacturing plants that supply food to their restaurants
Vegan Menu Items in the U.S.
- Vegans can order Pizza Hut’s Veggie Lover’s Pizza and The Great Beyond Pizza with no cheese.
- Pizza Hut Crusts are vegan, except for the Udi’s Gluten-Free Crust, which contains egg. The Buttery Blend Crust Flavor is also vegan.
- Their Marinara and Buffalo Pizza Sauces, Dipping Cups, and Drizzle are vegan-friendly, but the Barbeque versions contains honey.
- All Vegetable Toppings and Beyond Sausage are vegan friendly.
- The Fries or the Breadsticks sans cheesy topping can be ordered as vegan sides at Pizza Hut.
- For dessert, consider the Cinnamon Sticks with no icing.
Vegan Menu Items in the U.K.
Pizza Hut has offered Violife’s Vegan Cheese alternative at their UK locations since 2017. They also have an extensive Vegan Menu with Starters, Free Unlimited Salad, Pizzas (three types of crust – including gluten-free), Dessert (cinnamon bites AND cheesecake!), and a Kid’s Menu. For now, these options are only at Pizza Hut UK locations.
More Details from Pizza Hut
Allergen Disclaimer from Pizza Hut: Like most restaurants, we prepare and serve products that may contain egg, milk, soy, wheat or other allergens. While a particular food may not contain one of these allergens, our products may be prepared on the same equipment and in the same kitchen area as those that do. We cannot guarantee that cross contact with allergens will not occur. Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, and/or product production at the restaurant. Some menu items may not be available at all restaurants. Limited time offers, test products, or regional items have not been included.
Restaurant Website: www.pizzahut.com
Allergen Information in the United States: www.nutritionix.com/pizza-hut/portal/
Allergen Information in Canada: www.pizzahut.ca/allergens/
Allergen Information in the United Kingdom: www.pizzahut.co.uk/allergens
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: February 19, 2021
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
I love it
It was an excellent service for non dairy pizza in USA
Great Cheese-Free Pizzas
I haven’t had the chance to try the dairy-free cheese pizzas in the UK, but in the US, we’ve ordered cheeseless pizzas from Pizza Hut and they are always so well done. The staff always verifies my order when taking it and when they give us the pizza, and they load it up with other toppings (like tons of them) so that we aren’t slighted in any way. They typically ask us if it is for an allergy, too.