Last Update in October 2021! By number of locations, Pizza Hut is the largest pizza chain worldwide. But like many corporate behemoths, they move a little slowly. They have methodically test marketed dairy-free and vegan options, like Violife cheese alternative and different Beyond meats, at select locations. But all of their shops have many naturally dairy-free options, too. We’ve outlined them below in our dairy-free menu guide, which includes WingStreet items, allergen notes, and a quick vegan guide.
Pizza Hut Dairy-Free Menu Guide with Allergen Notes & Vegan Options
This menu guide includes dairy-free options first, followed by custom order build-your-own pizza components. Be aware of special order requirements in parentheses () next to the menu items, and see the Heads Up notes to help fill in the blanks. Additional information for top allergens and vegan guests is also listed below. Please note that this guide is for the U.S. locations.
Wings (at WingStreet locations)
- Naked (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Buffalo Burnin’ (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Buffalo Medium (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Buffalo Mild (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Cajun Rub (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Hawaiian Teriyaki (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Honey BBQ (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Lemon Pepper Rub (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Nashville Hot (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
- Smoky Sriracha (Bone-In and Bone-Out)
Heads Up! The Garlic Parmesan, Ranch Rub, Smoky Garlic, and Spicy Garlic Wings contain dairy in the seasoning / sauce. And yes, the naked Large Traditional Wings (bone-in) and Breaded Boneless Wings (bone-out) at Pizza Hut are made without dairy. They are fried without sauces or rubs, and some locations don’t fry any items that contain dairy. But check at your location if you are concerned about potential fryer cross-contamination.
- Breadsticks (no seasoning)
Heads Up! The breadstick seasoning at Pizza Hut is a cheese sprinkle that comes standard, but it’s added just before baking, so you can order no seasoning to make the breadsticks dairy free. For the fries, some locations don’t fry any items that contain dairy. But check at your location if you are concerned about potential fryer cross-contamination.
- Honey BBQ
- Cinnamon Sticks (no icing)
- Hand Tossed Crust
- Original Pan Crust
- Rectangular Crust
- Thin ‘n Crispy Crust
- Udi’s Gluten-Free Crust
- Buttery Blend Crust Flavor (not the garlic variety)
Heads Up! The Garlic Buttery Blend, Hut Favorite, Parmesan Parsley, and Toasted Parmesan Crust Flavors at Pizza Hut do contain dairy. The above items are not all dairy-free in Canada. In Canada, the only dairy-free option is the gluten-free crust, because it is pre-packaged. All other crusts in Canada contain milk or are handled with milk.
- Classic Marinara
- Premium Diced Tomato Sauce (For Detroit Style Only)
Heads Up! The Bean and Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pizza Sauces do contain dairy.
Heads Up! Violife is available in the UK, but has only been available at select test markets in the U.S.
Pizza Protein Toppings
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- BBQ Beef (regional)
- Grilled Chicken
- Italian Sausage
- Seasoned Pork
- Slow-Roasted Ham
- Beyond Meat Pepperoni (vegan; regional)
Heads Up! The Classic Meatballs at Pizza Hut do contain dairy.
Pizza Produce Toppings
- Diced Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Green Bell Peppers
- Fresh Red Onions
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Green Olives
- Green Chile Peppers
- Lettuce (regional)
- Mediterranean Black Olives
- Sliced Banana Peppers
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Sweet Pineapple
- Tuscani Meaty Marinara Pasta (no cheese)
Heads Up! They offer Baked Chicken for their pasta and salads (where available), which can be ordered without dairy. They typically use the cheese breadstick seasoning on it, but it can be made without the seasoning.
Heads Up! Most Pizza Hut locations in the U.S. no longer serve salad. If they do, be aware that their croutons contain dairy, and they use either cheese or cheese seasoning on most salads. Salads can be ordered with pizza toppings, and a dairy-free dressing, if available. They no longer have corporate level dressing information.
More Allergen Notes for Pizza Hut
- Eggs: All non-dairy items listed above are also egg-free, except the Udi’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust. To confirm, both types of wings are made without eggs.
- Gluten / Wheat: Both types of wings, Traditional Bone-In and Breaded Bone-Out, are dredged in seasoning with wheat (even the Naked). But all of the non-dairy pizza sauces and toppings listed above are made without wheat.
- Peanuts and Tree Nuts: Pizza Hut does not use peanuts or tree nuts in their restaurants. But they may be used in common manufacturing plants that supply food to their restaurants.
- Soy: All of the non-dairy Wings (except the Hawaiian Teriyaki), Pizza Crusts (without crust flavors), Pizza Sauces, and Toppings above are listed as made without soy. But keep in mind, this does not include highly refined soy oil. Pizza Hut uses refined soybean oil for frying.
Pizza Hut Vegan Menu Items in the U.S.
- Vegans can order Pizza Hut’s Veggie Lover’s Pizza with no cheese.
- Pizza Hut Crusts are vegan, except for the Udi’s Gluten-Free Crust, which contains egg. The Buttery Blend Crust Flavor is also vegan.
- Their Marinara and Buffalo Pizza Sauces, Dipping Cups, and Drizzle are vegan-friendly, but the BBQ versions contain honey.
- All Vegetable Toppings, Violife Cheese alternative (select locations), and the Beyond Pepperoni are vegan friendly. Pizza Hut discontinued Beyond Sausage at their restaurants.
- The Fries or the Breadsticks sans cheesy topping can be ordered as vegan sides at Pizza Hut.
- For dessert, consider the Cinnamon Sticks with no icing.
Pizza Hut Vegan Menu Items in the U.K.
Pizza Hut has offered Violife’s Vegan Cheese alternative at their UK locations since 2017. They also have an extensive Vegan Menu with Starters, Free Unlimited Salad, Pizzas (three types of crust – including gluten-free), Dessert (cinnamon bites AND cheesecake!), and a Kid’s Menu. For now, these options are only at Pizza Hut UK locations.
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, food sourcing, and restaurant protocols are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Each location of a chain restaurant has different management and staff, and some might have different owners. This means differences in processes, ingredients used, menu options, and food sourcing can occur. Always verify the safety of your order for your needs at your current location.
Where to Find Pizza Hut
There are over 18,000 Pizza Hut locations worldwide, with about 7,000 in the U.S. See their website below for addresses and online ordering.
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
I love it
It was an excellent service for non dairy pizza in USA
Great Cheese-Free Pizzas
I haven’t had the chance to try the dairy-free cheese pizzas in the UK, but in the US, we’ve ordered cheeseless pizzas from Pizza Hut and they are always so well done. The staff always verifies my order when taking it and when they give us the pizza, and they load it up with other toppings (like tons of them) so that we aren’t slighted in any way. They typically ask us if it is for an allergy, too.