Updated 2020! Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is a fried chicken chain with thousands of locations throughout the U.S. and in 30 countries worldwide. Unfortunately, the poultry batter used to make their classic fried chicken contains milk. There are still a few non-dairy options on their menu, but for more dairy-free fried chicken menu items, KFC is a better option.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Chicken – Naked Tenders, Naked Chicken Wrap, Naked BBQ Chicken Po’ Boy, Get Up & Geaux Kids’ Meal
- Sides – Baguette, Cajun Fries (see Allergen Note below), Red Beans & Rice, Cajun Rice, Jalapenos, Cole Slaw
- Breakfast – Grits, Hashbrowns (see Allergen Note below)
- Sauces – Barbeque, Sweet Heat, Cocktail, Mardi Gras Mustard, Tartar, Creamy Horseradish
- Dessert – Apple Sauce, Sliced Pecan Pie
Other Allergen Notes:
- They also offer a gluten-free menu on their nutritional information below, which isn’t much, but it is helpful. The following items (all sides) are listed as dairy-free & gluten-free: Applesauce, Red Beans & Rice, Cajun Rice, Jalapenos, Cole Slaw.
- There seems to be an error on their allergen menu. The Cheddar Cheese Tortilla is listed as milk free, and I’m going to guess that it isn’t.
- Also, we previously noted potential milk cross-contamination for the French Fries and Hashbrowns due to a shared fryer with their Fried Chicken. This is no longer noted on their site, so check at the restaurant if this is a concern for you.
More Details from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Allergen Disclaimer from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen: The data is based on standard product formulations and portion sizes, which can vary due to sampling differences, seasonal differences, ingredient substitutions, supplier variations, slight differences in product assembly on a restaurant-by-restaurant basis and other factors. We encourage anyone with food sensitivities, allergies or other special dietary needs or concerns to consult with your local physician or dietitian prior to eating at any Popeyes restaurant.
Restaurant Website: www.popeyes.com
Ingredient Information: www.popeyes.com/nutritional-information
*The above information was supplied by the corresponding restaurant via their website, customer service, or other published nutritional information. Ingredients and menu offerings are constantly changing in the food service industry, and can be subject to interpretation. For this reason, Go Dairy Free does not guarantee nor take responsibility for the accuracy of this information. If severe allergies or intolerances are a concern, contact the restaurant directly before purchasing or consuming one of their products. Cross-contamination of potential food allergens should always be considered a possibility in a fast food restaurant.
Last Updated: January 6, 2020
Average Reader Review
Rate Your Dairy-Free Experience with this Restaurant
What Others Are Saying ...
The red beans and rice are so satisfying and I love the pickles. I always get a cup of them when I come.