Updated 2017! Subway is a build-your-own sandwich and salad shop with over 45,000 locations in more than 100 countries. And they have many dairy-free options available. The lists below are from the U.S. allergen chart, but we’ve also included links to the allergen charts for Canada, the U.K., and Ireland toward the end of this post.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Breads & Wraps – Italian (white), 9-Grain Wheat, 9-Grain Honey Oat, Biscuits, Gluten Free, Harvest, Hearty Italian, Roasted Garlic, Rosemary and Sea Salt, Rye, Sourdough, Southwestern Spicy, Habanero Wrap, Spinach Wrap, Tomato Basil Wrap, Wheat Wrap
- Meat, Seafood & Eggs – Bacon Strips, Roasted Chicken Patty, Plain Chicken Strips, Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Strips, Cold Cut Combo Meats, Egg White Patty, Black Forest Ham, Italian BMT® Meats, Pepperoni, Roast Beef, Rotisserie-Style Chicken, Spicy Italian Meats, Steak, Tuna, Turkey Breast, BBQ Pulled Pork, BBQ Rib Patty, Carved Turkey, Chicken Salad, Buffalo Chicken Chicken Strips, Corned Beef, Egg Salad, Falafel, Orchard Chicken Salad, Pastrami, Breakfast Sausage, Seafood Sensation, Vegan Patty
- Condiments & Dressings – Light Mayonnaise, Regular Mayonnaise, Deli Brown Mustard, Yellow Mustard, Oil, Subway Vinaigrette, Sweet Onion Sauce, Vinegar, Barbeque Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, Creamy Italian, Creamy Srircha, Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce, Giardiniera, Golden Italian, Guacamole, Honey Mustard Sauce, Fat Free, Hot Pepper Relish, Ketchup, Pico de Gallo, Sauerkraut, Signature Horseradish Sauce, Smoky Hickory Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, Sweet Potato Curry, Thousand Island
- Vegetable Toppings – All
- Soups – Beef Chili, Black Bean, Chicken Tortilla
- Desserts – Apple Slices, Gluten Free Brownie, Croissant
Other Allergen Notes: Many of the above options are regional, which means they won’t all be available at every location. The lists start with the options available at every Subway, and then continue on with the regional options. The gluten-free products are manufactured in a gluten-free facility, but are only available at select locations. Cross-contamination is common in these types of fast food environment. But on request, many Subway employees have been trained to change their gloves, use a clean knife, and place a fresh wrapper between your sandwich and the work station to help minimize allergen cross contamination. Their allergen chart below covers the top 8 allergens in the U.S. plus sesame, sulfites, and nitrates.
More Details from Subway
Allergen Disclaimer from Subway: Individual food items may come in contact with one another during food preparation and is not reflected on this [allergen]chart.
Restaurant Website: www.subway.com
Allergen Information for the United States: www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/US_Allergen_chart.pdf
Product Ingredient Information for the United States: www.subway.com/~/media/usa/documents/nutrition/usprodingredients.pdf
Allergen Information for Canada: www.subway.com/~/media/canada/documents/nutrition/allergenchartcan.pdf
Allergen Information for the United Kingdom: subapps1.subway.com/nutrition/allergens/allergens_EN_GB.PDF
Allergen Information for Ireland: www.subway.com/~/media/ireland/documents/nutritionals/subway-allergen-information-ie.pdf
Last Updated: November 24, 2017