Updated 2017! Taco Del Mar is a Mexican fast casual chain with a few hundred restaurants in the U.S. and Canada. And they cover all of the bases with allergen charts, ingredient lists, and special diet lists on their website. Our list below covers dairy-free items for both the U.S. and Canada since their menus are nearly identical.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Entrees – Vegan Burrito, Vegan Burrito Bowl, Vegan Taco Salad
- Meats – Ground Beef, Shredded Beef, Chicken, Steak Asada (US), Steak Strips (CA) Chorizo Sausage, Jalapeno Bacon, Carnitas Pork, Shrimp, Haddock Fish (Halifax)
- Tortilla Products – Corn Tortillas, Flour Tortillas, Spinach Tortillas, Tomato Basil Tortillas, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, Taco Salad Shell, Taco Shell
- Sides – Seasoned Rice, Black Beans, Whole Pinto Beans, Refried Beans, Breakfast Potatoes
- Sauces – Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Light Italian Dressing, Enchilada Sauce, Cholula Hot Sauce, Mayonnaise, Pico de Gallo, Habanero Salsa, Mango Salsa, Reaper Salsa, Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa, White Sauce, Guacamole
- Other Toppings – Black Olives, Cabbage, Chopped Onions, Chopped Tomatoes, Cilantro, Jalapeno Peppers, Lettuce, Lime Wedge, Serrano Peppers
- Dessert – Oreo Brownie
Other Allergen Notes: Beyond the entrees listed, most of their savory menu items can be made dairy free by ordering no cheese and no sour cream. In addition to their allergen chart, they have ingredient information and a vegan list via the links below.
More Details from Taco Del Mar
Allergen Disclaimer from Taco Del Mar: The presence of allergens is based on ingredient information supplied by manufacturers. Although they do not state it, allergen cross contamination can occur in any restaurant environment. If this is a concern for you, speak with the staff before ordering to ensure that they can accommodate your needs.
Restaurant Website: www.tacodelmar.com
Allergen Information for the United States and Canada: tacodelmar.com/nutritional-info/
Last Updated: November 25, 2017