Updated 2021! Taco Del Mar is a Mexican fast casual chain with a few hundred restaurants in the U.S. and Canada. And they cover all of the bases with allergen charts and special diet icons on their website. Our list below covers dairy-free items for both the U.S. and Canada since their menus are nearly identical.
It’s a build-your-own Burrito, Bowl, Tacos, Taco Salad, or Enchiladas kind of place, so you can use the lists as helpful guides when ordering. But of course, always verify your order is made dairy-free!
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Entrees – Vegan Burrito, Vegan Burrito Bowl, Vegan Taco Salad
- Sides – Seasoned Rice, Black Beans, Refried Beans, Whole Pinto Beans, Breakfast Potatoes
- Salad Dressing – Light Italian Dressing
- Sauces – Guacamole, Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Enchilada Sauce, Cholula Hot Sauce, Mayonnaise, Pico de Gallo, Habanero Salsa, Mango Salsa, Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa, Baja White Sauce
- Dessert – Oreo Brownie
More Components at Taco del Mar to Help Customize Your Order
- Tortilla Products – Corn Tortillas, Flour Tortillas, Spinach Tortillas, Tomato Basil Tortillas, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, Taco Salad Shell, Taco Shell
- Meats – Ground Beef, Shredded Beef, Steak, Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Jalapeno Bacon, Carnitas Pork, Shrimp
- Vegan Proteins – Feisty Beyond Beef Crumbles
- Other Toppings – Black Olives, Cabbage, Chopped Onions, Chopped Tomatoes, Cilantro, Jalapeno Peppers, Lettuce, Lime Wedge, Serrano Peppers
Other Allergen Notes
- Beyond the entrees listed, most of their savory menu items can be made dairy free by ordering no cheese and no sour cream.
- Their Churros, Eggs, and Fish (in the U.S.) are somewhat surprising items that do contain dairy. In Canada, you might find Haddock Fish on some menus, which does not contain dairy.
- They also have a gluten-free guide via the allergen menu link below. At last check, all of the non-dairy items Sides, Sauces, Meats, and Other Toppings listed above were made without gluten. Their Corn Tortilla products are also listed as gluten-free.
Vegan Menu Items at Taco Del Mar
Although it isn’t overtly pictured on their menu, you can order a Vegan Bowl, Vegan Burrito, or Vegan Taco Salad at Taco del Mar. Their tortillas and taco shells listed above are also vegan-friendly. And you can fill them with any of the beans (black, pinto, or refried), rice, veggies, guacamole, and salsas.
More Details from Taco Del Mar
Allergen Disclaimer from Taco Del Mar: The presence of allergens is based on ingredient information supplied by manufacturers. Although they do not state it, allergen cross contamination can occur in any restaurant environment. If this is a concern for you, speak with the staff before ordering to ensure that they can accommodate your needs.
Restaurant Website: www.tacodelmar.com
Allergen Information for the United States and Canada: tacodelmar.com/nutritional-info/
Last Updated: February 20, 2021