Updated 2020! Taco Del Mar is a Mexican fast casual chain with a few hundred restaurants in the U.S. and Canada. And they cover all of the bases with allergen charts, ingredient lists, and special diet lists on their website. Our list below covers dairy-free items for both the U.S. and Canada since their menus are nearly identical.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Entrees – Vegan Burrito, Vegan Burrito Bowl, Vegan Taco Salad
- Sides – Seasoned Rice, Black Beans, Whole Pinto Beans, Refried Beans, Breakfast Potatoes
- Salad Dressing – Light Italian Dressing
- Sauces – Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Enchilada Sauce, Cholula Hot Sauce, Mayonnaise, Pico de Gallo, Habanero Salsa, Mango Salsa, Roasted Chipotle Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa, White Sauce, Guacamole
- Dessert – Oreo Brownie (US)
Components to Help Customize Your Order
- Tortilla Products – Corn Tortillas, Flour Tortillas, Spinach Tortillas, Tomato Basil Tortillas, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, Taco Salad Shell, Taco Shell
- Meats – Ground Beef, Shredded Beef, Steak, Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Jalapeno Bacon, Carnitas Pork, Shrimp, Haddock Fish (Halifax)
- Other Toppings – Black Olives, Cabbage, Chopped Onions, Chopped Tomatoes, Cilantro, Jalapeno Peppers, Lettuce, Lime Wedge, Serrano Peppers
Other Allergen Notes
- Beyond the entrees listed, most of their savory menu items can be made dairy free by ordering no cheese and no sour cream.
- In addition to their allergen chart, they have ingredient information and a vegan chart via the links below.
Vegan Menu Items at Taco Del Mar
Although it isn’t overtly pictured on their menu, you can order a Vegan Bowl, Vegan Burrito, or Vegan Taco Salad at Taco del Mar. Their tortillas and taco shells listed above are also vegan-friendly. And you can fill them with any of the beans (black, pinto, or refried), rice, veggies, guacamole, and salsas.
More Details from Taco Del Mar
Allergen Disclaimer from Taco Del Mar: The presence of allergens is based on ingredient information supplied by manufacturers. Although they do not state it, allergen cross contamination can occur in any restaurant environment. If this is a concern for you, speak with the staff before ordering to ensure that they can accommodate your needs.
Restaurant Website: www.tacodelmar.com
Allergen Information for the United States and Canada: tacodelmar.com/nutritional-info/
Last Updated: January 3, 2020