Updated 2018! Wendy’s is one of the largest burger chains in North America. The bulk of the restaurants are in the U.S. and Canada, but there are some other locations in South America, Asia, and beyond. For the U.S. and Canada, allergen information is available via their interactive menu and upon request. However, they no longer update an allergen chart online. So it took a bit of sleuthing to update our dairy-free list this year! The specifics listed are from the U.S. allergen details, but I’ve also included a link to Canada’s interactive menu below. It is possible for menu items and ingredients to vary between countries.
No Dairy (Milk-Based) Ingredients (see disclaimer below)
- Breakfast – Seasoned Homestyle Potatoes
- Sandwiches (see Allergen Note below) – Kids’ Hamburger, Hamburger (without cheese), Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Homestyle Chicken Sandwich, Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Premium Cod Sandwich (seasonal)
- Bread & Buns (see Allergen Note below) – Sandwich Bun, Premium Bun, Tortilla
- Sandwich & Salad Proteins (see Allergen Note below) – Jr. Hamburger Patty, Hamburger Patty, Grilled Chicken Breast, Spicy Chicken Breast, Homestyle Chicken Breast, Crispy Chicken Patty, Premium Cod (seasonal), Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Other Chicken – Crispy Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Tenders
- Kids’ Meal – Kids’ Nuggets, Chicken Tenders, Hamburger (see Allergen Note below)
- Sides – French Fries, Plain Baked Potato, Chili (see Allergen Note below), Apple Bites, Summer Berry Burst Fruit Cup, Hot Chili Seasoning Packet, Saltine Crackers
- Salad Dressings & Toppings – Raspberry Acai Vinaigrette, Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing, Roasted Almonds, Roasted Tomato Salsa, Taco Chips
- Dipping Sauces (see Allergen Note below) – Honey Mustard, Barbecue, Sriracha, Sweet & Sour
- Sauces – Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce, Tartar Sauce, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard
Other Allergen Notes: At last check, it looked like all of Wendy’s fried items were made without dairy. So fryer cross-contamination with milk might not be a problem. However, they do have potential cross-contamination issues with the hamburger patties (also used in the chili) due to cheeseburgers cooked on the same grill. That is why the chili was confusingly labeled as “contains milk” according their customer service. According to Wendy’s, their buns are toasted in a common toaster with products that contain Egg, Milk, and Soy. Untoasted buns are available upon request. Wendy’s no longer lists out their sauces online, so we could not confirm which Dipping Sauces are still available and if the ingredients are still dairy free. As always, check the ingredients in store to verify.
More Details from Wendy’s
Allergen Disclaimer from Wendy’s: We provide known instances of allergens; however, please understand that cross contact is possible due to common handling and preparation areas in our restaurants. We are unable to guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of allergens. Customers with allergies and sensitivities should exercise judgment when ordering.
Restaurant Website: www.wendys.com
U.S. Allergen Information: menu.wendys.com/en_US/categories/?_ga=2.212351956.19701979.1533412432-428450530.1533412432
Canada Allergen Information: menu.wendys.com/en_CA/categories/?_ga=2.16674934.19701979.1533412432-428450530.1533412432
Last Updated: August 4, 2018